072

Zelia's pov

Last night was - I don't even know what it was. The last few weeks have been a shit show. Hell. I don't know if it's over. I mean it can't be over just like that. Can it?

As soon as everyone left I fell asleep almost instantly. My body weak and so fucked up from everything that's happened. I haven't been drinking nor eating. I've gotten no sleep. And the amount of cocaine I've been taking, I'm surprised I haven't dropped dead. I mean that's what I tried to do-what I wanted to do.

I'm so ashamed of my self. Embarrassed.

I had no one.

I don't know what came over me.

I woke up late this morning. Luckily it was a Sunday, not that it would have mattered if I had classes. I skipped almost all of them last week.

The first thing I remember this morning is throwing up. Everywhere. I managed to get my weak body to the bathroom.

And now I'm sat. In the bathroom. On the floor. In the dark. The only lights are the sheer light coming from the room. Daphne is in the dormitory, clearing up my puke. I hate my self right now.

A knock at the door is what caused me to become fully conscious of my surroundings. Scared to whom is about to see me like this.

I heard Daphne shout "it's open"

And the door opened. Footsteps echoed through the dormitory.

"She's in there" I heard Daphnes voice again.

Footsteps. Getting closer, until a tall figure appeared in the view. My vision was blurry and I couldn't tell who the tall figure was. And they turned the light on-

"Fuck.." I groaned as I squinted and covered the light with my hand.

"The fucks wrong with you" I murmured as I cast a spell that turned the light of again.

Less than a second later it turned back on again.

"Oh piss off" I yelled in annoyance.

"How long has she been like this" the recognisable voice of Draco spoke.

"Since she woke up, about an hour or so" Daphne responded from the dormitory.

"Draco?" I questioned.

"Yes"

"Turn the fucking light off" I groaned "please!"

"You look awful," he said as he came closer, his tall broad figure blocking the light somewhat so I could see, better.

I have smiled in sarcasm "thanks"

"Let's get you sorted, yeah?"

He picked me up, to my surprise and placed my weak body on the floor of the shower. The coldness of the tiles and water on the floor making me shiver.

Then out of nowhere the shower turned on, water hitting me, cold at first but quickly woke me up.

"Draco!!" I yelled

"Oh, shit-oops" he snarled sarcastically.

He ignored my annoyed expression and started placing shampoo on his hands and running it through my hair. I didn't push him away or try to get away, I just let it happen. I didn't know if I was still annoyed or sad- or back to how I felt before all of this. I guess I was still numb. And confused.

He grabbed the showerhead and started rinsing the shampoo out. He did the same but with conditioner. And rinsed it once again.

I tilted my head to the side, looking at him. His eyes focused on my hair.

"Why'd you leave me?" I said barely a whisper

He's eyes instantly connected to mine.

"You promised me you wouldn't leave me," I mumbled as a tear uncontrollably fell from my eye.

Draco's eyes stayed attached to mine for a good few seconds. Just staring blankly. Sadness and guilt in his blue-grey eyes. Tears pooling in his eyes.

"I know.." he uttered quietly, looking down as his eyebrows frowned.

"Why," I asked more tears falling.

"I don't know," he said, barely a whisper. Still looking down.

I looked away. "I needed you, Draco"

I felt his eyes on me again "I'm here now! And- and that may not be good enough but I intend to stay by your side until the day I die. I've never felt this way-about anyone-I've never known love and have never felt it. At least not until I met you. I fell in love with you. At first, it was a silly crush but it grew into something much more. Much stronger. I won't ever leave you again. And I promise you. I promise you a thousand times. Zelia salmeris, I love you!"

I was already looking at him. I love this boy in front of me. I will always love him. no matter what.

"I love you Draco Malfoy"

He lent in, placing a hand on my cheek and placing a passionate kiss on my lips. Both of us crying. Letting out all the pain, in this one kiss. I felt a huge weight lift from my chest.

I wanted this moment to last forever.

A few days later.
Wednesday

The last couple of days have been so much better than before. I've spent every waking hour on Draco's side. Spent our nights cuddling with each other, sleeping side by side. Attending classes together and working on the vanishing cabinet.

I've had trouble recovering, I crave the cocaine, it's gotten better but all I can think about is the way it made me feel, how free I felt how alive I felt. Draco immediately threw it away, burnt it into oblivion. Gone.

We did get high one night from smoking weed, but that's something we did before anyway. It's much more fun and so much better when doing it with someone you love.

I begin to realise that I don't need cocaine to feel alive or free, or even happy. I have Draco. he makes me feel all those things.

Life is slowly becoming normal again but I know there's a war coming and I know it's going to be bad, really bad. But until then I intend to live every day happily. At least I'll try my best. Live in the moment instead of worrying about my future or if I have one. All that matters is now. Right now with my friends and Draco. My mother is in a better place. Heaven has got its angel back. That's how I sleep at night. That's how I go through my day. I'm still so sad from my mother's death, and I feel as though I always will be. I just hope that one day I can be with her. even if it's just for a minute or two.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 90swh0r3