049

draco's pov

it's monday morning. and i haven't slept a second. i'm sat on the edge of my bed, head in my hands. i can't believe i was so stupid to think that my plan would work. cursing katie bell has made me feel so guilty and angry. she never did anything to me. hell i never even spoke to the girl and i cursed her. i put her in hospital. why do i feel so guilty. why do i care?

feeling so enraged i stood up. tears in my eyes. and i punched the wall and pushed everything of my desk. fuck.

i pulled my self together and headed to potions class. i skipped breakfast today. i possibly couldn't face everyone. i've avoided zelia all day yesterday. i stayed in the room of requirements all day and didn't come back until late.

when i came back zelia was asleep on the sofa. she obviously stayed up and waited for me. i felt bad but i couldn't face her. not when i'm feeling as i do. i carried her to her dormitory and put her in her bed. it's the least i could have done.

zelia's pov

i'm sat in potions class leaning my head on my hand. students are filling the classroom but as full as the classroom is. it's empty without draco. i keep looking at everyone walking in, waiting for draco to walk in. i haven't seen him since saturday evening. he was no where to be found yesterday. i waited up for him but i woke up in my bed this morning, without a clue how i got here.

"draco obviously isn't coming so i'm going to sit here" daphne said taking the seat next to me.

"just give it a minute" i sighed

"i've gave five. and i'm bored so i'm sitting here" she scoffed "besides he vanished yesterday so him not sitting next to you for an hour won't hurt him"

i just rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"take you're seats! take you're seats" slughorn walked in and made his way to the front of the class.

"we will be looking at different potion recipes. ones in which have mistakes. you and you're partners will have to identify these mistakes." he smiled while small booklets landed on our desks. "well get on with it then" he waved his hand.

me and daphne got started. well we just weakly flicked through the booklet.

"ah late is better than never" i heard slughorn say "take a seat draco"

i immediately turned my head and saw draco weakly and carelessly walk in and take a seat at the table next to ours. i caught eyes with him and he just looked away quickly. what the hell?

hundreds of questions where circling through my mind. did i do something? is he okay? why did he look away when i looked at him?

i kept my eyes on his but he was looking down at his lap the whole time.

"what's wrong with lover boy?" daphne nudged me.

"i don't- know" i weakly said feeling my heart slowly breaking.

the rest of the lesson was horrible. draco never looked over at me again and he just sat there. in utter science. leaving me with nothing but questions on my mind.

"alright everyone. lesson is over. you may leave" slughorn announced.

i quickly packed up my things and looked for draco. but everyone was rushing to leave and standing in my way.

i saw draco's white hair over a few others, sprinting out of the class. i pushed passed the students and tried my best to catch up with him. but it was no use. my small steps couldn't catch up to his long strides.