078

3rd July 1997

Zelia's pov

I woke up this morning around half nine. I must have fallen asleep just after sunrise. I remember watching the sunrise from my bed. At least I got some sleep.

I got out of bed and took a much-needed shower. Once I was done I got ready and headed downstairs. I greeted Astoria on my way who told me Daphne was in the kitchen.

"Hey," I said as I walked over to Daphne, who was standing near the sink.

"Hey, want an egg and bacon roll?"

"That'd be nice, thanks"

Daphne headed to the cabinets to get the stuff for the roll. And I took a seat at the breakfast bar.

"Did you sleep okay" She questioned me.

"To be honest, no. I've gotten around five hours sleep in the past two days" I said truthfully.

"I'm sorry! I can brew you some sleeping draught if you like. Might help you feel better as well"

"Yeah! I mean, I'm so tired but I can only think about Draco. I'm so worried"

"I'm sure he's fine! Worrying about him so much isn't good for you!"

"I know," I said trying to hold back the tears.

~

Later on in the day, Daphne started making the sleeping draught, she made me quite a bit. Enough to last me till the end of July. That night I slept like a baby. Probably the best sleep I've ever had.

5th July 1997

We've spent the majority of our time at the manor. Doing puzzles, baking brownies, watching muggle films, and riding going horse riding. It's been a very good distraction.

Today we decided to go on a hike, in the near woodlands. Daphne says the sunset is beautiful from a cliff in the woods.

On our way, we talked and laughed. I felt normal. Like there was a war approaching us.

We enjoyed the view and of the sunset over little villages and fields of England. It was almost time to go when a little owl landed next to me with a letter in its mouth. I quickly grabbed the letter from it's the small beak. My heart almost stopped beating when I recognised the handwriting as Draco's. I tore the letter open and read the small paragraph.

Zelia, I'm so sorry for what's happened. You need to understand I had no choice to leave you! The only chance I had at keeping you safe. The death eaters would have killed you, or have brung you to Voldermort and your father. Wherever you are please tell me your safe. Don't tell me where just to be safe.

I love you - Draco x

I turned to Daphne who watched me intensely.

"What was it?" she questioned.

"Draco," I said wiping a tear "he- he is okay. I think"

Her eyes widened immediately. Like she didn't know what to say or do.

"I miss him so much" I cried more.

"I know. I know" she said as she wrapped her arms around me. We stayed like that for a while. The sunset slowly fading away. We'd be walking back to the manor in the dark.

Once we got home we watched a film and then went to bed. Before going to bed I wrote a letter to Draco.

I'm okay and I am safe. Will I ever see you again?
- Zelia