070

Zelia's pov

The first night back in Hogwarts was awful. I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned the whole night. Unable to get the image of my mother's dead body out of my head. I cried silently until I had enough.

It was around 4:30 am and Daphne was asleep. pansy's bed empty since she's always in Adrian's room or medicines room. Just like before Christmas.

I grabbed the bag from the manor, with everything I took. I pulled out the small bag with white powder, also known as cocaine in the muggle world. My father only had it because, in the wizarding world, there were no drugs and the only way to get them where to take the drugs from muggles.

I had no idea what I was doing or why. All I knew was that I wanted the feeling of numbness to come back. I needed this pain to stop. I knew that I won't ever be happy again. The numb feeling is the best I got.

I emptied a small amount on my nightstand and used a spell to put the powder in three lines. I rolled up a bit of parchment and sniffed.

Then instantly tilted my head back and collapsing on to my bed, staring at the top of my bed. The euphoric feeling hitting me. The image of my lifeless mother slowly fading away..To nothing. All my problems are gone with a sniff.

~

Time past quickly and it was morning, around when we'd wake up. I don't know where the time went it felt like I've just laid down for five minutes but I soon realise it's been four hours.

I quickly sat up, and I felt dizzy. I was still high, but it was fading. I grabbed the bag of cocaine and hid it under my pillow. I scrapped the remains of the powder on to the floor.

"Hey, you're up"

"Oh - yeah" I replied

"You okay," daphne asked

"I'm - fine, daphne"

"Are you-"

"Yes, I'm fine!" I spat.

Maybe that was too harsh but that question is so annoying. I'm not okay. Obviously, I'm not okay. My mother was murdered for fucks sake.

I went to the bathroom, trying to keep my walk in a straight line. I changed and got ready for the dreadful day. I added some mascara to try and make my self look more awake. My eyes were red, bloodshot. Pupils dilated. But I didn't care. I looked like shit. But I didn't care.

I walked out and in went daphne, I tried not to look at her so she wouldn't see my highness.

I went back to my pillow pulled out the small bag once more. I licked the tip of my finger and tapped it into the powder. I pulled my finger up to my nose and sniffed. Feeling relaxed. Again. I put the bag into the inside pocket of my robe and headed downstairs, into the common room.

I didn't know if draco was there or not. I didn't look I simply walked out. I walked to the black lake.

I looked out onto the black lake, fog floating on top of it. It was cold, freezing in fact. But I liked it. Over my high state, it made me feel good. I loved this feeling. I felt free.

The world looks different when you're high. More beautiful. It's like an unseen world finally being seen. Everything, all your problems fade away, like they never existed.