068

draco's pov

so today is the day we return to hogwarts, after a long christmas break that started with happiness and laughter and ended in death and tears. i don't know how such a good thing can turn so bad. the train to hogwarts leave at 12pm and it currently 9am. i don't want to rush her. she said she wants to go but i can tell deep down she just wants to stay here.

"did you want to get dressed" i asked her

she nodded in response and slowly got up walking to the draws. she picked out her clothes and went to the bathroom. while she was getting dressed i packed her things.

she walked out looking better and put together but you could still tell she wasn't okay. it's weird i don't know how to describe it. she looks almost numb. no longer crying but her eyes swollen and red from crying for so long.

"oh uh thank you" she said as she saw her suitcase packed and ready to go.

"of course" i walked over to her and kissed her softly, she kissed me back but there was something missing in our kiss there was no longer any lust or desire. it was just a kiss.

"do you think we have time to go somewhere before we leave" she murmured

"probably, where do you want to go"

"my house" she said not looking at me"

"your what" i spat back

"if you don't want to come that's fine. i'll go by myself"

"no you can't- it too dangerous-"

"it's very unlikely my father will be there"

"why do you want to go" i asked confused

"to get some things and my mother. she said something before she-before my father killed her" she said blankly.

"zelia- i- are you sure you want to"

"my mother said go to the place tia goes. she wants me too. i need to go"

"okay then we will go" i said

i didn't want to go i was scared. scared of what might happen. but i know that if i see her father i won't hesitate to kill him.

~

we disaparated to the front of the salmeris manor. it looked even more gloomy and darker than the malfoy manor. we walked up the long road that led to the manor. trees either side.

once we got to the front and the manor was no more than a few steps in front of us. i stopped but zelia continued to walk. i quickly caught up to her.

"are you sure that no one is home"

"yes - i'm sure" she said turning around and continued to walk.

she got to the front and whispered "alohomora"
the door opened and she walked in, i followed behind her and shit the door after me. she stopped and looked around, at the tall chandelier. i knew she was rich but her family really was rich. more rich than my family. she walked to the kitchen and i wasn't sure what she was doing but i followed anyway.

we walked around the huge marble counter in the middle. suddenly tgere was movement from the behind a door in the kitchen. zelia immediately stopped and i rushed towards her with my wand drawn. but to my surprise she walked in front of me. and toward the door.

"zelia-what are you"

"Loodey! oh my-" she said and bent down in the small room.

confused i walked around and looked at what she was doing. there was a house elf tied up with cuts all over it. it amazed me that she seemed to care so much about a stupid house elf. out of all things. but this melted my heart.