032

Draco's pov

I've been pacing up and down the common room for what feels like hours. When Zelia left to show Umbridge Dumbledore's secret weapon I knew something wasn't right. I could tell that she was lying along with Granger but of course, I didn't say anything.

I left the others to go and see what was going on but when I came back they were all throwing up from sweets Weasley gave them. Fucking idiots. And of course Ron, Ginny, Luna and Neville had escaped.

~

Two hours have passed and I would have thought Zelia would have returned by now but there's no sign of her anywhere. I couldn't help but feel worried. I was so scared that something would happen to her. I hate these feelings I have for her, I hate her for making me feel this way.
I hate myself even more for feeling like this.

"fuck" I yelled as I punched the wall.

Bringing attention from other students in the common room. I, Blaise and Daphne are all sat in the common room waiting to hear anything from Zelia or waiting for her to walk through the door.

"Draco!" Blaise said "she'll be fine"

"Yeah she will" Daphne replied "but why do you care so much"

"Mate you're acting as though you're in love with her" Blaise joked.

I looked at him but looked away. I bring my hand two my face and wiped the side of my mouth, and I walked other to sit with them.

"I-" I have begun but I didn't know what to say

"Spit it out, mate," said Blaise.

"Oh my god," Daphne said quietly "you, do don't you? you care about her"

Blaise turned his head towards me "Draco?" he asked.

"Yeah, maybe I do," I said and I left, heading to the astronomy tower.

~

An hour later I'm sat on the edge of the astronomy tower, remembering the time I and Zelia smoked weed here. Merlin please let her be safe. I can't help but have an instinct in me which tells me I need to protect her, she needs to be protected.

I'm looking out onto the black lake when I see an owl coming towards me. It lands next to me with a small piece of partridge in its beak. I take the partridge out of its beak and open it up.

Draco,
your father has been called to the department of mysteries by the dark lord. a few other death eaters are there also, including Bellatrix. I've just got word that it didn't go to plan and you're father failed and what he was supposed to do didn't go to plan. dumbledore is sending him to Azkaban, I'm trying to figure out what to do but I haven't got any ideas. I'm sorry Draco and we will discuss this when you return home.
-mum

No no no no no! That's where Zelia is with bloody Potter. Fuck what if, no surely she is fine. she has to be. Why is she so stupid. I threw the partridge in rage and I stormed out of the astronomy tower.

I loosed my tie and unbuttoned my shirt a bit. I walked through the halls not sure where I was going. It's way after curfew but I didn't care.

I heard people talking from around the corner and I instantly recognised it to be a potter. I quickly walked until I turned the corner. I felt my heart drop at what I saw in front of me.

Zelia was in a tall man's arm, completely lifeless. I walked closer to them, my heart pounding inside my chest.

Stood, Granger and Potter, Dumbledore was there as well with a girl with purple hair. The man holding her was tall and had a moustache.