037

zelia's pov

day 1

i woke up from a slumber i couldn't remember falling a sleep to. i woke up on the cold hard floor. i woke up having cramps and aches all over my body from sleeping on the hard ground. i had no idea what time it was or how long i slept for. all i knew was that i was alone and cold.

i got up and walked over to the door to see if i could hear or see anything but there was nothing. all i had on was my school skirt and my school shirt. i must have taken of my cardigan and tie but they where no longer in the cell. my socks where the only thing keeping me warm.

through out the day i hoped someone would come down and give me some food or something to drink. i was so tired and hungry. my mouth was dry and i could feel my lips becoming chapped. i'm already begging to feel hopeless.

day 2

i'm sat with my head berried in my knees. trying to keep myself warm. until i heard foot steps coming from outside the cellar. i quickly got up and walked over. i couldn't see where it was coming from until they got close. it's was my mother. she looked tired and like she looked as though she's been crying for weeks. she looked slimmer and had a few bruises on her face and arms.

"ma" i said tears in my eyes

she unlocked the door and gave me a tray of food along with a glass of water.

"angel! hey" she said tears rushing down her face "we have to be quick!"

"why? ma why is he doing this" i asked quietly

"i- i don't know. i've tried to reason with him but he won't! he's so angry" she responded pure sadness in her voice.

she bring me into a hug, and i squeezed her hard, needing all the warmth i could get.

"i must go" she said and rushed away

before i knew she was gone and i was left alone trapped in the cell, like a wild animal.

day 5

i'm not sure how long i've been down here. but my body is weak. i'm so hungry! so thirsty! i can feel my insides screaming at me! screaming at me in pain. forcing me to eat anything but i don't have anything. i'm led on the floor, on my side. my face and body is covered in dirt. i feel so disgusting and dirty.

i then heard the the gap of the door open and a water bottle fell on to the ground. i struggles to get up. as i did so i fell back down because my body was so weak. i cut my knee as i did so but the was the least of my concerns. i managed to drag my self across the floor and grab the bottle. i opened it and drank it. gulping the water down my throat. i realised that i shouldn't drink all of it, in case i don't get any more for a while. i put the bottle down and tried to fall asleep.

day 15

i haven't been awake much and i don't know how long it's been, it feels like weeks have passed. it's been a struggle but i made a promised my self that i will survive and i will fight. even though i'm slowly becoming hopeless.

someone has been coming every few days to give me food and water but not enough. i haven't seen my mother since she gave me the tray of food. my body is numb and aches all over. it's so weak i can barley move. it take everything in me to even sit up, and when i do i can barley hold myself up.

1 month

i. give. up.

pain is everywhere.

my body is shutting down.

i'm too week to go and get the food that's been thrown in.

i just want it to end.

i'm so tired. i closed my eyes. slowly falling asleep.

-

i heard banging at the caged window behind me. i weakly turned my body. the sun shining through on to my face. i pulled my arm and covered the sun. and i saw someone jump though and into the cellar. the sun making them seem as a silhouette. the figure knelt down and i saw who it was....

i instantly felt safe once again.