086

27th December 1997

Zelia's pov

That night was the first night I slept in a bed, an actual bed. The tent wasn't the best for comfort but I have been sleeping on the floor or hard surfaces the past few weeks, so the bed in the tent felt like heaven. I slept for over 14 hours. I'm not surprised. The most amount of sleep I'd get a night was around three hours.

Once I woke I heard small sounds of talking from outside the tent. I walked out and saw Harry, Hermione and Ron sat around a small fire.

I joined them around the small fire, scrambled eggs cooking in a pan over the fire.

"Morning" smiled Harry.

"Morning" I replied.

"Did you sleep alright?" asked Ron.

"Yes, much better than the floor" I smiled.

"Agreed" he laughed.

"It- it almost feels normal again," Hermione says "with Zelia here it feels like we are back at Hogwarts"

"I'm sorry you have to go through this," I said with a tinge of guilt in my tone.

"It's alright," she says "in the end, it will all be worth it, I know it"

"It will," says Harry. It sounded like he didn't believe it himself but he wanted to for Hermione and Ron.

We ate the eggs and then spoke about how we are going to destroy the Salmeris Crystal. Harry thinks it will be no different from destroying any other Horcrux. With the Sword of Gryffindor. I hope the crystal gets destroyed, so life can go back to how it was before. I miss Draco and I feel terrible for leaving him. I know he's struggling with being a death eater and who I'm I to abandon him. But I had to, I had no choice. The quicker we can destroy the crystal the quicker life we get back to normal. At least that's how I see it.

Harry places the crystal down on a large rock. Ron walks out of the tent towards us with the Sword in his hands. Hermione stood beside me as we watched. Ron passed the sword to Harry. He looked at me.

"Thank you for helping us. We would have never got this without you" Harry said as he smiled a little.

"Of course" I replied "now destroy the stupid thing"

He nodded as he gripped the sword in his hands tightly. Harry pulled the sword up and held it in the air for a few seconds before swinging his arms down, straight onto the crystal.

But.

Nothing happened.

I looked over at Hermione confused.

"Well that didn't work," said harry.

"What are we going to do now," asked Hermionie.

"Try again?" suggested Harry.

"Wait" blurted Ron "only Zelia could open the grave of her mother. I'm assuming it's because only a Salmeris can open it. But what if the same thing applies to the crystal. Only a Salmeris can destroy it"

"Oh Merlin, why did I think of that," said Hermionie annoyed "it makes sense, The Dark Lord would never expect a Salmeris to destroy one of his Horcruxes. So he uses a spell, so only a salmeris blood relative can destroy it"

"Ron, maybe you are a genius after all," said Harry.

"Nah, it's just common sense. That's all" said Ron.

"Wait, you want me to destroy a Horcrux? Are you sure it will work?" I asked.

"More than certain," said Hermionie as I gave her a worried look.

"Only one way to find out," Harry said as he held the sword out towards me.

I took a deep breath in and walked over to the crystal. I took the sword from Harry, now standing in front of the Crystal.

"Hold the sword up and hit the crystal as hard as you can," said Harry.

"Okay" I nodded nervously.

I brought the sword up high above my head. I took another deep breath in. Then, I swung my up down with all the force I could. The second the sword hit the crystal- Thousands maybe millions of purple pieces of the Crystal exploded from the crystal. The pieces exploded quickly but once in the air they slowly. Fell to the ground, creating something rather beautiful. I looked around in astonishment, along with Harry, Hermionie and Ron.

I didn't know what to expect but it wasn't that.

We watched as the pieces slowly faded into oblivion.

"You did it," said Hermione excitedly.

"I did" I replied.

------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 90swh0r3