96. She

...He looked at you callously.
"You're coming with me."...

You stood in the middle of the filled room, baffled at Levi's demand.

"Uh, what?"
Eren asked for his Corporal to repeat the command, being just as confused as you.

"She's coming with me now.", Levi blankly stated and didn't even wait to leave the disgustingly polished, disinfected room, which he might've secretly cleaned himself.

Wordlessly, you still remained on your spot, with your legs feeling disabled to move.
Motionlessly, you remained for a few more instances, as your limbs counteracted against your fiats.
So quickly, you forced yourself to get out of this position, despite not actually wanting to do so at all.
You parted from Eren and gave him an apologetic look, as well as the others a last glance as goodbye, before following.

Arriving by Levi's side, you were still kind of voiceless with some sort of raspiness residing inside of your arid throat.
Levi just stared forward with a tensed expression, seeming to you, as if he was probably not going to talk at all in the next hours. If no one brought a tone out, then you were compelled to be the one taking the initiative.
"Um, so...", you managed to put out two words, one of them not even being considered as one.
"What do you need me for?"

Levi gazed forward, entirely untouched by your presence.
"..."

You furrowed your brows slightly, trying to read his face as good as you could.
He seemed a little angry.

So for some reason, your doe eyes worried thereafter. The clacking of the shoes started becoming louder to you, giving you more to contemplate about.
"Are you... mad at me?", you straight-up asked.

Levi:
"..."

"Levi...", you whispered, not knowing what to say. For a little while, you lingered inside of your thoughts, hanging between the decision of further questioning and keeping the quiet.
What is going on with him?
Frankly spoken, you were normally quite good at reading people. You knew by the way they acted, whether they were nervous, their character was just of suchlike kind, or if they lied and it was just a feeling in your guts and it shouldn't be giving you false signals right now either.

"I think, that since yesterday you don't want to talk with me anymore.", you spoke in carefulness, attempting to near him mentally.
"Maybe you think I'm lying to you. Because before the incident, everything was normal..."
Should I say it?
"Is it maybe because I hurt you in some form?"

Levi's disinterested eyes turned to you, wholly hazy from all the frigidness contained in them.
"..."

"If I did, I'm sorry."
You frowned slightly, deciding that it was best to not let everything end in a dumb conflict.
"I'm not going to lie, I don't quite understand why you're behaving this way."

Levi gave you a sceptical glance.
"Are you still sick?"

You shook your head slightly, returning his scepticism.
"I simply really want to know what I did to hurt your feelings."
There can't be anything wrong with this sentence, right?, you thought.

Levi coldly:
"You apologise without knowing what for."
With a hand, he brushed over his cravat, indicating his indifference towards your words.
"Not really genuine."

"I- Well, I also tried to get you to talk."
You crossed your arms.
"Turns out I managed."

Levi's eyebrow twitched in annoyance at your swift reactions.

"I'm kidding, I'm sorry.", you smiled slightly.
"I just really want to know what is up with you."

Levi's look darkened.
"You'll find out soon enough."