Family & Friends

"She's gone."

Needles of tall conifers rustled in the wind.

The tart and simultaneously mellow flavour of his cigar spread over his taste buds, as he fiddled something out of his large pocket.
"Where's she?"

His tall and, by the way, way younger companion stood beside the column outside of the grand entrance, his shadow disguised by the natural colours of its muddily-brown surroundings beneath the grey sky.
"She's still in the hall."

The older man glanced to the other's poker-face, reading his facials carefully to make sure he was speaking the truth.

"Yes, she's fine.", the younger one rolled his eyes.

The man with the cigar then relaxedly nibbled on it in mild amusement, as he took out a lighter.
"Why are you so pissed?", he asked, his voice seeming almost muddled by the vastly spread green giants surrounding them ever so penetratingly, as if they wanted to choke everything with their intense, dark-green colour.

"You told me she liked reading.", the younger one responded in mild peeve.
"I thought that meant she'd be a little more tame, or calm, but she's literally dangerous. A feisty and own-minded girl."

The first guy finally lit up his cigar and chuckled.
"That's true."

"What'a so funny, heh?", Mark asked in slight anger.

"Did she reject you?"
Taube pouted in further amusement.

Mark stared at him wide-eyed.
"What?!"

Taube took a breath of crisp air in, before filling his lungs with the rough smoke, stroking his throat from inside again.
"You always act like this when a woman rejects you."

"No. As if she could reject me- I mean, as if she's my type. And moreover, I'd ever find interest in her, in a half-Eldia-", he dismissed grimly.

"Heh, I see."

"You don't believe me?", Mark questioned in agitation.

"As if she'd ever pull up with you.", Taube smiled.

"What's that supposed to mean?", he grunted back angrily.

The first man supported relaxedly against the stone with a foot.
"Figure it out yourself."

"Do you even know how dangerous these Survey Corps cadets are? At home they never warned us about those savages, look.", the young man pointed at his nose and the stitch he had received not too long ago.
"That's what one of them did to me, just because I touched (Y/N)."

Taube raised a brow.
"You touched my daughter, Mark?"

Mark's body stiffened for a second, before he scratched the back of his neck a little nervously.
"We had an argument and she got too clever, whereafter this guy came up."

"This guy?", your father asked again, taking the cigar in between his two fingers to fulfil a sharp side-glance.

"Yea, Levi Ackerman.", Mark responded, looking away.
"They actually warned us about him, but what was I supposed to do? Him and your daughter are constantly together, I can't get him away from her."

Taube leaned against the wall and crossed his arms thoughtfully.
"So she's still with that guy, huh?"

Mark confused:
"Still?"

Taube plainly nodded, not bothering to add anything to that.

"You knew she was close to Levi Ackerman and you didn't tell me?", Mark growled.