54. Dramatic entrance

..."Yes.", he proclaimed. "I saw everything."...

You frowned, as he moved further on.
"The situation was as followed: Erwin and Levi called out to the Military Police shortly before Taube even appeared. We were ready and marched down, hiding, following their order and waiting for him to come out as predicted.
And then he did.", Thomas said vexatiously and his head turned to you.
"Only, that someone accompanied him. (L/N) followed behind without any resistance. By choice."

You grunted.

"Another witness is Guenther Schmidt. Speak of your observations.", Darius Zackly continued.

"I saw that as well.", Guenther blankly stated.

You held yourself back from responding, clenching your teeth instead.
Why didn't they follow me then? If they did, they would've seen that I had stayed by choice as well.

Darius Zackly:
"Now a fellow instructor of the Survey Corps shall step forward. Keith Shadis.
You've trained this cadet. Talk."

In your thoughts:
Keith Shadis? Why him? I haven't seen him since my entrance.

His strict, wrinkly expression remained the way you were used it to be. His look radiated sternness, as well as earnestness, although when his eyes turned to you shortly, it all seemed to form into some kind of... ruth?
You raised both eyebrows unnoticeably.

Shadis cleared his voice.
"As already mentioned, I've only been an instructor, knowing her solely from the training."

"What have you been able to perceive?", the judge asked him.

"Well...", Shadis made a pause, seemingly hesitating. The reality was, that he turned out to sympathise with you a lot, after getting to know your techniques and your friendly and teasing behaviour with your comrades.
He would've never guessed, that you could be a traitor or someone, who'd knowingly plot against anyone.
But all of that didn't matter. He needed to say everything he knew.
"(Y/N) was a concentrated, skilled and talented cadet, which I can't say a lot more about. She seemed amicable and eagerly fought just like everyone else. Maybe even more enthusiastically than others.", he remembered.

"Skilled? Do you mean just talented?", Thomas pointed out.

"She was, indeed, but her skills were highly developed from day one. (Y/N) had an intense fight against Levi Ackerman at her entry exam. Of course she didn't win, but it was an excellent fight at least.", he frowned at the end, being sorry for the brutal honesty.

Thomas blandly glee:
"Oh well, what a coincidence. Perhaps she had been trained before? Maybe by her father, who is known for his combat as well."

Your eyes burned at him.

Darius seriously:
"Is that true?"

You gazed up.
Then you nodded reluctantly.
"But I didn't even know he was alive at this point, so the reason I followed was-"

Thomas called euphorically:
"Hah, everyone can claim that, but it only proves-!"

"SILENCE!", Darius quietened both of you.