Confession

"I wanted to ask you something."
He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at you resolutely.

Your curious expression turned back and you gave him a light smile.
"Yeah, shoot."

"It's that...", he stopped walking.
You haltered surprised and saw him glancing to you and away again.
"There's this...", he set on to speak, but sudden shouts fulfilled the air with them coming from beside the building.

A figure waved energetically, running quickly to both of you, while you stared confused at them. It was Eru, who after arriving, supported on her knees, thus she was tired.
"Corporal, I was so worried.", she spoke, taking rapid inhales in between her sentences.
"I thought we had training this morning?", she asked confounded, neglecting you in the meanwhile.

You blankly stood to the side, feeling a little awkward and out of place as she covered you while talking to Levi.

He looked at her expressionlessly.
"Hm. Did we?"

Eru out of breath:
"Yes, yes, Erwin mentioned that in his office, don't you remember?"

Levi coldly:
"I do."

Eru stiffened and stammered nervously:
"B-but, I-, she-", her eyes switched to you.
"Where were you then?"

You raised an eyebrow at her, keeping your quiet.

Eru turned to Levi in confusion again.
"You were with (Y/N)? But Erwin didn't tell me anything about any of this sort, I-"

Levi indifferently:
"Because it's none of your business."

"I-, uh, yes of course.", she replied taken aback.

Levi turned to you.
"Hange's managing today's training, so go and join the others. You're too late, so if they ask why, tell them you were under my supervision."

Eru petrified and muted entirely. Slowly her face moved to you, as a grand heat arose in her chest, whereafter her sharp eyes seemed to want to bite you with a sole, cutting glimpse.

"Do you want to be trained or not?", Levi asked the girl flatly, suddenly tearing her off thoughts.

She quickly composed herself again.
"Of course Corporal!"

As they went to go, Levi glanced back to you, at which you tilted you head slightly at him.
Your skin was covered in goosebumps as he turned away again, though you weren't sure whether they were caused by the wind, which previously managed to penetrate you, or what happened just now.
In any case, you were tethered to catch up and follow your daily tasks.

-

Grabbing Ymir by the collar, you threw her to the ground over your shoulder. She lost her breath with a loud huff and shut her eyes to hinder the grains of sand to whirl up and fall in. She panted as you let go of her in order to give her a break. Since your own body's muscles hurt just similarly, you both went down to your knees to rest after the battled rounds.

Ymir brushed over her forehead, watching your friends circling their partners before tackling.
"If you're not feeling too well now, I don't want to experience you in your best form.", she spat with a dry mouth.