52. Goodbye

..."I'm disappointed. Humanities strongest soldier needed quite a while to trace me down."...

Little before that:
Levi marched to the front of the sections in the shop, holding a good-looking apple in one hand and cabbage in the other. His look moved from one of the items to the other, as he spoke in disinterest:
"Brat, what do you what?"

Then his gaze lifted to meet the empty hall with a necklace solely laying on it.
You weren't there.
Levi's eyes widened, before he left back the things without hesitation and slammed the door of the store open to race out.

He knew exactly what had happened and panted a little, while taking the curves around the buildings he rapidly approached.
"Vacant shit.", he cussed under his breath.

Erwin rushed out and shouted for him as loud as he could, trying to stop him.
"LEVI!"

It was useless. He had already taken off into the air, flying and zipping the hooks from walls to chimneys.

-

Levi's hateful expression remained, as he tilted a blade in his hand nimbly.
His look expressed nothing but something deeply hidden, as you stared at his upright posture and stable stand.

You weren't able to assign or guess what his intentions were.
How can he be so fast?
What is he doing here?
Guilt expanded through you, starting with an ache in the head.
No, that isn't the right question.
What am I doing here?

Suddenly a hand was placed onto your shoulder from behind.
"(Y/N), go back."

Another mess manifested in your head.
You knew you had to make a decision again.
A shiver ran down your spine and all the feelings, which had lasted in you for decades seemed to try and escape your now heavy lungs.
Reality hit you like a train driving with the speed of sound.

"I don't doubt Mr. Smith is coming very soon.", your father continued speaking to Levi.
"With some assistance?"
Levi calmly took a tissue out of his pocket and lifted his blade to wipe over it, removing the red stains.
You father raised an eyebrow.

From the corner of your eye, you observed more of his men being ready for an attack behind the roofs of houses.
Your eyes shimmered fearfully.
What was dad's plan?

"Leave it be.", Levi said in disinterest.
"Leave her and she might not rot in the cells for a lifetime like you.", he frowned slightly.

"She will come with me.", your father responded with a confident smirk.

Levi's brow twitched, as he spoke in vexation:
"Selfish jerk."

With slight hassle, your father clenched his fist, pointing his phrase at the raven-haired man before him.
"Your dedication is immense. Are you acting by plan? Because you're obviously alone at the moment."
You petrified.
Father wants to kill him.

"Tch.", Levi's adamant face radiated monotony and determination at the same time.

"You don't even know what it feels like to loose someone, who meant the world to you. To be forced to let them go.", your father brought out with some effort. Inside, the agony and guilt seemed to consume him.