64. I have to go bathroom

...The three of you girls continued chatting quietly, bursting out in giggles every now and then...

In the following days, you avoided Levi more or less purposely.
You went out of his way, got to the canteen and left, before he came.
While training, you didn't look him in the eyes and speeded to your room after your private practices, as quickly as possible.

There was a freezing coolness between both of you, complete and thorough silence.

You felt bad for evading him so thoroughly, but you were making up your pangs of conscience by spending extra time with Sasha and Ymir. Sometimes you hung around Hange's basement as well, though there always existed a higher danger for him to appear, coercing you to go down less often.

You weren't quite sure for how long you would continue with this, but it worked pretty well.
And it bewared you from something you didn't want to meet face to face.

About a week later
"(Y/N)!", Hange called happily.

You turned around to see her approaching fast.

Hange vividly:
"I've got another project to tinker on, would you like to see?"

You, smiling:
"Sure, what is it about?"

Hange excited:
"It's another injection. If you take it, you'll hallucinate."

You stopped and sceptically asked:
"And... what else?"

Her eyes sparkled:
"What do you mean, 'what else'?"

"Um, what about... an useful attribute?"

"Heh? Isn't hallucination enough?"

You, slightly sceptical:
"But the other one gave me hallucinations as well, so what's the difference?"

Hange mumbled surprised:
"What? Are you sure, it actually wasn't supposed to..."

You face palmed.
"What?!"

"Ahaha, don't worry, you're alive, right?"
She smiled, strolling calmly towards the cellar with you.
"...for now."

"Hange!"

"Hehe, just kidding, I told you I already used that on Shorty.
Just listen, this new one is great, because it makes you see every different kinds of stuff. Matters, beyond our understanding. Undiscovered things, that your mind hasn't set free yet.", while explaining, she had put an arm around your shoulder and gazed into the light source on the ceiling, making movements with her arms.

You serious:
"Hange. You're describing drugs."

"Drugs, injections, scientific substances letting the human race evolve. ", she brushed it off with a chuckle.
"It's the same."

You sighed.

Hange, looking you in the eyes:
"Now, will ya help me?"

"Fine, but please don't make any more holes in the ground, doors or anywhere else."
That was your condition.

"Okay."

You raised an eyebrow.
"Promise?"

"Yea, yea."

- 6 minutes later -

"HANGE, WHAT IS THIS!?", you flipped out.

"What do you mean?"

You stared at the huge wardrobe in front of you, seeing the motley test tubes and their colours, reaching from somewhat achromatic to a chokingly bright, neon pink.