Who's playing?

Lastly you smiled at Eren and looked out to see how the night had laid its sinister blanket over the world.

While you and the boy discussed, whether the colour of Ymir's jacket was rather pastel purple or a mildly darker pink, you thought of what what your friends were doing in the community room, since you had heard they were drinking alcohol. Luckily Eren didn't attend the gathering, despite him seeming to enjoy drinking as well. You noticed that several times after he agreed on accepting each offer of receiving even the stronger pieces of wine in the assortment.

"Do you think the others are coming back yet?", you asked, while smiling at the image of him dizzying around like he always did, after his mind became too blurry.

Eren turned his head to the entrance.
"Maybe.", he looked out the window as well, weighing out how much time had passed since you two had been staying in here talking.
"I think it's late. The rooms might be checked in shortly."

Sitting on the floor, nobody made a move to stand up. That made both of you giggle quietly.

Moving your concentration to the cup beside the skilfully painted vase on the nightstand by Ymir's messy bed, you started wondering what Levi was doing at the moment.
You couldn't help, because even the artistic scribblings carved into its shape reminded you of him and his smooth handwriting.

Being mentally there with your thoughts but physically in this room, you asked yourself, whether he was still with Eru.
Or what they were doing.
Or if they had dinner again.
Or if he thought of you. You hoped he hadn't forgotten about you, considering you hadn't seen him all day again.
A light sigh slipped over your lips in the bothering lack of your knowledge.

-

Levi's own steps were the only thing he heard while walking away from the door behind which he had heard you and Eren jabbering quietly.

Beforehand, he had been loaded with tasks, such as guiding the new member of the team Eru, thereafter the preparation of a visit and lastly ordering Hange to take care of the kids in the community room, who were trying to have some fun by themselves. Then Levi had been called once more, this time to drag Hange and all the teenagers out, since they had started to drink too much again with Hange participating.

He frowned at the upcoming annoyance inside of him and felt somewhat relieved you hadn't been there with the others.
Or rather not.

Levi stopped and furrowed his brows in a slight anger. He clenched his teeth and haltered, being irritated at what he was doing.

He knew he'd regret whatever he'd do from now on, but his body protested either way.
A deep sigh followed, along with his eyes closing in more irritation of his lack of ability to choose.
Levi frowned at the anger in him, as this energy made him turn his shoes on their heels.

He strut back.

It became bluntly aware to him what kind of hazy excuses he was making and that he behaved like a coward.
He marched to your door and pushed the knob down, as his expressionless face came back.

Your amused look instantly went to the opening several metres away, making you petrify at the sight of Levi at the entrance.
You muted, not knowing what to say.
"Hey, I, we-", you started off stuttering.
"I think we just didn't pay attention to the time and-", you tried to excuse quickly, even though you knew Levi wasn't dumb.