Honesty is a matter of perspective (?)

Sitting on the window sill, your bare legs dangled down the building where you could see barely nothing but black. You thought of what had happened in the last days, as you leaned your back against the whitely painted wood by your side, which's varnish serenely began crumbling and shelling off the cracked surface. You thought of how Levi would want to clean that up, and so you continued thinking of him while looking at the sky.

The two of you had brought the children away from the fiasco, drained, both exhausted and annoyed by not only the man who beat up the children, but also by the people around you, which had only watched without acting and probably would've continued, if you hadn't stepped in. But maybe it was primarily you, who thought of that really. Levi wasn't there to tell. With a look down to the kids, you had just noticed how stern you seemed, so you allowed your chest to fill with air and your features softened again, as you kneeled down. To console them, Levi and you brought them to P&P's and bought some more waffles. To your luck, the former ones of you and Levi were still on the table, along with the other cutlery you had abandoned before lashing out towards the centre.

"Mister.", one of the boys that was positioned beside Levi spoke and tugged onto his coat.
Levi looked down at him from sideways, his cup in a hand. He seemed so unbothered, only the crease between his eyebrows indicating how he became thoughtful from time to time while sipping on his flavoured, hot water.

His tea probably tastes bad, you thought and secretly smiled, before concentrating onto the boy's request again. It was the one with the wounds around his ankles and his bleeding forehead. Letting this guy get away with what he had done was of course not what you intended, but you weren't able to do anything else, because you could bring Levi into more trouble, would you have acted more fiercely.

Watching this kid stare up at Levi's expression, which was concentrated on something completely different was quite the view to have at the moment too, so you remained with that.
"Hm?", Levi asked the child in return.

The kid's bright, blue eyes widened.
"Why does this clown over there stare at us?"

Levi frowned as slightly as to show confusion, as his face lifted and he spotted that man from before, who wanted to make you buy his weird cookies. This time he wasn't alone. He had a friend with him.
After noticing all of you had noticed him, he clenched his teeth in shock. Levi shot him a poisonous glare, while the man beside the guy pensively scratched his half-bald head. After some pondering, they approached you.

Levi scoffed. You didn't know whether this was because he was angry or just unpleasantly surprised that they even dared to return.
"What?", Levi's harsh voice sounded.

The guy who sold the cookies stared a while at the kid with the big, blue eyes sitting beside Levi and then shortly at the small one sitting quietly beside you, his hair even more of a mess than the one of his pal. Then the man lowered his big, motley hat, his face and his entire body very deeply.
"I apologise Mr. and Mrs. Ackerman."

A question mark above your head popped up immediately.

Levi looked at them half-lidded, rather unimpressed, before the guy quickly continued, folding creases into his hat out of nervousness.
"Hello. I saw both of you getting into a fight, so I brought some plasters and bandages for the kids."

A tad surprised, you accepted the offer and spotted the children avoiding eye-contact. Afterwards you passed the stuff over to Levi, who sat beside the wounded boy.