38. Girls night

... Maybe. Maybe she was right ...

Morning:
"-and take the knife into your other hand, like this.", you explained to Historia, while you sat on the table.

"Ouhhh...", she gazed at your hand in amazement.
"Like this?", she asked, grabbing it tightly and swinging it down sharply.

"Ah, yeah, yeah, just be careful...", you smiled and gently leaded her hand down, looking at the table of the higher ranked and whether they saw you or not.

Your eyes widened, when noticing Hange waving over to you and grinning.
You warmly returned and saw Levi sipping grimly on his tea, Erwin beside him, talking to Hange who was half-listening, half talking herself.
You smiled to yourself.
Everything's normal, you thought.

But after breakfast, you observed the scientist pulling Levi away, who cursed at her angrily.
She just laughed and intensely tried to tell him something with a wide grin.
He pushed her away afterwards, but she followed him upstairs.

-

Training went by normally, even though while you were doing your exercises, you noticed Levi being less focused than normally.
He almost didn't put one word out, which concerned you and most of the time his eyes laid on the ground or on you, which made you less concentrated as well.

After finishing, you asked:
"Levi, are you alright?"

Levi:
"..."

You worriedly:
"Levi, is everything okay? You're quieter than usual..."

Levi, unimpressed glaring to the front.
"..."

You:
"Is it because of the training?"

Levi monotonically:
"Shut up."

You put a hand on his shoulder.
"Do you want to-"

He instantly pushed it away and looked at you in disgust.
Your eyes widened and you stared at him.

"Tch.", he frowned shortly and went to go.

You lingered at the exact same spot for a few more moments, but followed quickly.
"Hey, Levi, wait!", you called after him.

Levi:
"..."

You furrowed your eyebrows, when being by his side.
"Why is it always so hard to talk to you?"

Him:
"Tch."

You rolled your eyes, but didn't give up.
You thought about it for a while, until he stopped at the horse-stables.
"Guess I'll have to guess."

Levi expressionlessly went to his black stallion.
"..."

You got next to your horse and carefully eyed him:
"Have I done something?"

Levi emotionlessly:
"You talk too much."

You ignored him and worriedly leaned over to look into his face.
"Is it because of what Hange said this morning?", you asked and he immediately turned to you with widened eyes.