84. The duel

The rest of the day, as well as a big piece of your night, you spend in the corridors, scrubbing the glazed tiles of the floor, as if they were the most precious thing you'd ever come to touch.
Taking into accountancy, that you had started the early morning, after being woken up by the famous Levi Ackerman, it was quite impressive how far you had come.
Sweeping three storeys, wiping all of the 76 tremendous windows clean, which by the way didn't seem as big from the outside as they turned out to be, chafing 8 toilets, like who on earth even needs that many?
Thereafter polishing the sills of these bloody windows and lastly arriving at the worst part: scrubbing.
You had almost finished, but your eyes just couldn't take it any longer, making it harder and harder for you to focus.
Your movements became slack and at some point, you face met the cold ground, letting your exhausted body rest.

About forty-five minutes later, steps emerged from the elevated stairwell and Levi walked to you slowly, checking on how you were doing so far.
Levi's eyes laid on you, as he kneeled down. He could observe your calm breathing and so after being convinced of your sleep, he finally looked at your face.

With a frown, he thought:
Ew, she's drooling.

He lifted you from there and brought you towards the majestic dorm, where he put you carefully to bed. He tugged you in with solicitous touches, brushing your hair, which he had opened, gently off your face. Then he watched you for shortly and pouted slightly at the view, thinking how much effort you put into cleansing this place, even though you had protested so stubbornly.
She's only peaceful when being in bed, he thought.

And so lastly, Levi eliminated the light in the oil-lamp on the night-stand by the side of the door and left, still cautious not to wake you up.

-

The next morning, you rushed down to the kitchen, skipping a few steps at a time and feeling your stomach growl loudly.
To your mild surprise, Levi stood in the kitchen already, preparing breakfast.
He wore a kitchen smock on top of his clothes and stood by the gas-stove, holding and moving a buttered pan skilfully.

You sat down on a table nearby, swinging your legs, while watching him doing what he seemed to be acquainted with fairly well.
Levi glanced back and retrieved one plate from the white cupboard above him, washed it and served the fried eggs he had made on top.
When he placed them in front of you, you narrowed your eyes to see a kind of expectative-looking Levi, seemingly waiting for you to say something.

You laughed slightly:
"You want me to praise you for cooking an egg?"

"Two eggs."

You grinned, before continuing to tease him.
"And where's my salt'n pepper?"

"Inside already."

"Wow, okay. But you know everyone needs a different amount, because every person has a different taste."

"Shut your mouth and try it."

"If I shut my mouth I can't-"

He took the fork and knife and started cutting the egg open, letting the yolk flow just right to the sides of the marble plate.

Okay, I have to leave that to him, he knows how to cook eggs.
Levi picked a piece up and handed the fork to you, still looking at you expectedly.

You accepted it and after putting it inside of your mouth, your taste-buds screamed like they haven't had for a long time. Ever since your mother had't cooked for you.
You tried not to make it too obvious, but your eyes widened and you were sure, that Levi saw it, because he leaned back, meeting the table with crossed arms.
"How was it?"