I have you

The next day mainly contained of riding back to the HQ.
With your groups traveling through the landscapes, the horizon seemed to display the all too familiar colour all of you needed an urgent break from.

-

Inside of the building, everyone started immediately heading back to their rooms, as their tired bodies couldn't take carrying out any more movements due to the lack of rest from the happenings and their giddy and heavy thoughts going along.

But you hesitated at the entrance, looking back to see where Hange and the others would turn up around the corner, before you were caught by Eren, who stopped next to you.
Thereafter he looked at you indecisively.
"(Y/N).", he spoke, capturing your attention with a bashful smile.

Waiting for a few cadets to pass, he scratched the back of his head, before speaking.
"Look, if you want, you can spend the night with me and Armin. I don't think anyone's going to pay attention today to who's in their room and not. And sleeping isn't really something most of us plan on doing either way, so..."
As people entered the building, Eren and you were the only ones not doing so.
"Maybe you want to stay with us."

Your expression softened at his words, just before another dark-haired figure passed both of you without a word.

You gave Eren a smile.

-

After arriving in front of the door, you knocked three times, finally having made your decision.

Thereafter you simply waited for a response.

"Name and business."

"It's me.", you called, pushing the knob carefully down, as a creaking sound followed the movement of the old oak you created.
Entering slowly, you let the door fall close with a satisfying 'click' and the final silence following.

You saw Levi being on his desk, though he wasn't really doing anything. Instead, he just sat there in front of piles of work and more chaos in form of unclosed pens and unsorted paper clips spread all over the board, which you knew wasn't typical for him.

After locking eyes with Levi, you were capable of observing slight surprise at your arrival.
But his monotony returned fast again.
"What do you want?", he asked harshly, seeming annoyed.

You tugged a strand of hair behind your ear, attempting to sound somewhat solid in your doings.
"I just wanted to ask how you were."

Levi:
"..."

You gazed at him, not saying anything else.

Levi annoyed:
"Stop staring."

You carefully:
"Levi, I'm here."

He sceptically raised a brow.
"I know, I see that."

You walked slowly closer to him.
"I'm here for you."

Levi emotionlessly:
"..."

"Which means, that you can talk to me, if you want to."
He kept his quiet for some time, creating an awkward silence, which assembled like the heat gathering on your skin.

Then he simply spoke up, coldness trailing behind in his voice, similar to a curtain being pulled to terminate every streak of light.
"Was that everything?"

You perplexed:
"Look, I know I don't know how you must be feeling-"

"I don't seek for reassurance, nor do I need anyone to help me.", he gave out indifferently.
"Now go."

Watching him taken aback as you did infuriated you somehow, since you sensed something was off.
"And I don't care."
Levi turned to you again, surprised this time.
"I'm staying here tonight.", you simply announced, not expecting any talk-back.