62. Tight grip, quick breath

...His bright eyes lit up and he smiled warmly...

You took your positions in front of each other in the usual fighting stance.
Your body tensed as always.
I haven't had any actual fight for a long time.
You made an internal note, after testing how slippery the sandy ground beneath your feet was.
Maybe that's why I'm extra excited for this.
You smiled, more than just curious about what kind of technique Eren had.

"Start."

You pressed forward and Eren dodged, then you turned around and stumbled him, causing him to tumble to the ground.
Too easy.

He quickly got up from the earth and frowned, brushing the dirt off his face.
With a rapid move, Eren closed the distance between you both and clutched onto the material of your clothes.

Immediately, you grabbed his one hand and the back of his singlet in response, turning around and throwing him over your shoulder.

After he fell, you went over and looked down on him triumphantly.
"Hey titan ass.", you teased him.
"How's the view down there?"

To your amusement, Eren leaned his head onto the palm of his hand and looked up to you.
He smirked.
"Pretty good, actually."

You laughed and then offered him a friendly hand, which he took.

"Are you okay?", you asked afterwards.

Eren determinedly frowned and smiled, while being at it:
"Yeah, let's do it again."

The following rounds, you held back slightly. You won a little more than half of the times, which meant that Eren had his moments of glory.

With a swift move, he pulled the earth beneath your feet away, causing you to fall. Eren came to hold you down fast, standing above you with a wide grin, calling:
"YEAAH, BEAT THAT TITAN ASS NOW!"
You giggled as reply and he smiled brightly at you.

His eyes shone, as his grip eased.

"Oi.", suddenly Levi grabbed Eren by his shirt and pulled him away from you.
"What are you doing?"

Eren nervously stuttered:
"I-"

"We're fighting, what else?", you responded dryly instead.

Levi coldly:
"Doesn't look to me like it."

"Eren just won."

Levi raised an eyebrow sceptically.
"And you loose against this patsy?"

You scrunched up your brows.
"He's not."

Levi's scathing glance switched over to him for a tiny moment.

Eren sitting on the ground in confusion:
"Wait what-?"

Levi then eyed you annoyed.
"Disappointment."

The others around you slowly stopped with whatever they were doing and turned their attention to the both of you.