77. Night tour

... That's what we wanted most. Back then...

Pleasantly warm air surrounded you, though there were still a few cooler breezes brushing over your skins every now and then. All your swimsuits had dried already, while everyone laid on the ground with them facing the aegean blue sky.

By your side, Eren turned to face you and give you a weary smile. His hand slowly wandered toward your arm, as he tempted to slit his fingers between yours.

You smiled awkwardly in response and moved your hand out of his grasp, quickly pointing with it up towards the moon instead and leaving him slightly staggered.
"Do you think the moon is something like a second sun, just with less radiation of light?", you tried to ask casually.

Eren closed his eyes, while keeping his soft smile on you.
"Hmm.", he nodded serenely, as if not even listening.

Armin's head raised from from the line in which you all laid next to each other.
"I think it the light actually comes from another celestial body and is a reflection. Maybe even from the sun?
And perhaps the sun's light isn't even being reflected at all?"

You giggled at Armin's seriously taken response and put your arms behind your head contently, before going back into the rest mode your body craved for.
"Maybe. And what if we're all a light source to others too."

"Maybe.", Armin chuckled.
"I hope, that one day we'll know."

Ymir grunted.
"Fine, we get it, you're freaks. Now be quiet."

After a while, Eren glanced to you.
You knew, because you felt a prickling feeling on your face. So you returned and indeed, saw his tender expression, which made you ask yourself, whether he had drank something secretly.
"Are you tired?"

"Hm. A little, but not enough.", you responded quietly.

"(Y/N), I like you."

You blushed instantaneously.
That came out of nowhere.
"Umm, thanks.", you whispered back, panic raising up in you like the warmth in slowly heating water.
"I like you too."
Oh god, what am I supposed to say?

"Do you want-"

Suddenly, you heard some interrupting rustling in the bushes, just a few metres away.
You turned your head in surprise and heard irritated whispering and hushing.
"Au, what are you doing? Stop- I-
AGH!
Don't just-!"

At once, a figure fell out of the shrubbery with their face hitting the harsh ground, making a dull and loud thud sound.
"UFF!"

You sceptically recognised someone familiar.
"Hange?"

Your friends turned around, seeing a stoic and straightly standing silhouette in the dark just behind the brunette woman.

You, even more sceptically:
"Levi?"

The group straightened up immediately.
"Corporal Levi, Commander Hange? What are you doing here?", they asked at once with their voices making their confusion obvious.

Hange swiftly got up to her feet and rearranged her glasses.
"Uh, hey (Y/N)'s friends!", she called friendly. You're surely asking yourselves what we're doing here, hah! We... well, we're on a night tour around the hood, you know?"

They stared at her.
Oh my god Hange. What is wrong with you?, you thought.

"To make sure you kids are all safe and sound at night. In the woods. Hehe.", she added with a giggle.