19. Nightingale

... Did Levi put me here? ...

In the morning I slept until the sun wasn't endurable anymore and I got an unpleasant taste in my mouth.
Unwillingly, I lifted my tired body up and put my feet to the side of my bed.

Luckily today and the next two days we wouldn't have any training and would finally have a break from all the insanity, that was going on.

When I looked to my bed again, I remembered last night with Levi.
We brushed and cleaned in silence and I had to giggle at the thought.
He looked so funny with that mask and those gloves. How could I take him seriously, when he wore such stuff? Usually he's serious and a untouchable super-human, but yesterday he looked like a retired and hobby-less cleaning-fairy with a weird fetish.

I started laughing and went down to the canteen.
While I happily passed the tables, I perceived, that they were constantly whispering and when I saw to ours, I knew exactly why.
Christa, or Historia, was our actual queen and this was the biggest gossip at the moment.
But what was she doing here then?

"Hey.", I greeted everyone and sat down after taking some food.

"Today isn't my last day here.", Historia suddenly announced.
I looked up.
She'd continue with training?

"I'll stay a little longer, until every member of  the former council is kicked out and then I'll fulfil my duty.", she ended.

I continued eating my porridge.

I couldn't forgive her, for what she had done. She was ready to kill Eren to gain his power and abilities. How could she be able to do such thing?

Armin worried:
"(Y/N), are you okay?"

Suddenly I switched on again and noticed, that I had clenched my spoon so tightly, that my hand was red. Quickly I opened my fist and my expression softened, when looking at Armin.
"Yea, I'm sorry."

Historia looked at me with sad and worried eyes. Then everyone continued.
During this breakfast, I focussed on Eren and his reaction. He was surprisingly silent and didn't talk to anybody a lot. He was only concentrated on his meal.

Me thinking:
"He's probably confused. What is he even supposed to feel?"

After eating, I went up to the room and laid down on the bed.
Then the door was opened carefully and a blonde head revealed itself.
"(Y/N)? Can we talk?"

My look wandered away from Historia and I answered plainly with yes.

She sat down on her own bed and at first, no words were spoken by her.
After a minute:

Historia:
"I'm sorry, (Y/N). I know it's hard to understand, but I thought I was doing the right thing and I know you can't understand, but- I- I thought I had lost my father and then-"

She stopped for a while and sorted her thoughts.

"I thought he was dead and then I saw him. The only family-member that was left. My family. I just wanted to be with him. No matter what.
I didn't listen to myself and just followed him blindly, but in reality, I had to let him go. And... it wasn't easy."