55. Nothing to tell

...Hange cheering:
"WOHOO, LEVI! WHOOP HIS ASS WITH THAT DRAMATIC ENTRANCE!"...

You couldn't release your eyes from this sight.

The man groaned and Levi put his foot on top of his head, keeping the guy down.
Then Levi's unimpressed look lifted.

Erwin:
"Levi had to bring the evidence and we're sorry for it coming too late."

Darius didn't look pleased.

Thomas irately:
"What's that supposed to be? Such a delay can't be welcome in subjects with national importance like now. It's not only against the law, but also contradicts every single specified behaviour."

Darius Zackly eyed Levi from his high point of view.
"That is true."

Erwin continued:
"I apologise deeply, Mr. Zackly. If I had been able, I would've chosen another way, but it was too risky for this man to be held in the dungeon beneath. I decided to take emergency precautions."

Darius frowned, but groaned afterwards.
"I hope for you to have an interesting and intriguing explanation. Something worthy of my time. Who is that criminal?", his curious look pointed down, while he leaned back in relaxation.

Erwin didn't seem surprised at the judge's reaction, which represented quite the opposite of you.
While looking at Darius Zackly im impiety, you asked yourself, whether he merely wanted to be entertained by the trials.
Had he lost his mind?
How is he even a judge? Was this government crazy?

"This human is a part of the clan. He can confirm (L/N)'s absence in the deeds.", Erwin proclaimed.

"Talk, piece of shit.", Levi jogged the guy laying on the ground.

"Uuuh, yees. She's never worked with any of us...", the man whimpered.

Darius Zackly's expression showed slight interest.

"Are you serious?!", Tomas shouted.
"Corporal Levi and General Erwin have obviously manipulated the man to say all of this. Look at her!", he pointed with a finger at you.
"She's clearly enjoying all of this with relief!"

You glared at him angrily. This time you weren't able to shut your mouth.
"Yes, because I don't want to DIE, idiot!"

Thomas exasperatedly:
"How did you call me, you wretched thug? So you, little worm, dare to call me, a higher ranged, who's fighting for justice, an idiot?

"Silence.", Darius glanced down.
"Erwin, explicate."

Erwin calmly:
"Thank you. We found this criminal in the underground and interrogated him. He's speaking the truth."

Whispers could be observed from the rows of people in response.

Thomas angrily:
"But you could've just threatened him to say all of this!"

You energetically:
"Are you serious? So consequently, there would be no reasonable proof to you, that shows my innocence?"