5. New

... Even that I couldn't keep, so ...
... I'll kill all of them ...

In your bed in the HQ

I slept kind of strange and dreamed about even weirder stuff.
Because I suddenly remembered the second test, I didn't want to open my eyes. Why did I even pass? That's so illogical.

——————————

As the morning sun passed through my curtain, I stretched my legs. I slowly went out of bed. With a look in the mirror, I had to find out that I looked like a scarecrow.

My belly growled.
'What should I eat-'

Shit. Breakfast.

Running down the stairs to the community-canteen in my nightclothes, I almost tripped over my own feet.
"Aaaah", I screamed and fell onto a brown haired boy in front of me. Both of us laid on the ground after a loud noise.

"I'm so sorry", I apologised, while not letting go of his eyes.

"Everything's fine.", he said, not letting go either.
I got intrigued by this sparkle in his teal-blue eyes, which seemed as if it softened with time.

We laid on the ground, still staring, until a tight grip took my shirt and roughly pulled me up.
I didn't get to look further at the boy's reaction, because the person pulling me up was a tall, black-haired girl with the same, dead expression as Levi Heichou.
Was everybody here just a hollow person in a body?

"Sorry, again.", I said, turning to the boy.
"I'm (Y/N) (L/N)."

"I-I'm Eren". Eren just couldn't stop staring at me, with his mesmerising eyes.
"This is Mikasa and this is Armin". He pointed to the boy I didn't even get to pay attention to.

"Hey." I smiled at all of them and tried to be friendly. Armin smiled friendly at me as well, though Mikasa didn't. She surely didn't trust me, but I guess that's normal.
Oh boy, her aura was intense.

"You're probably new here.", Eren said, showing me with his hand gesture, that I can come and follow them.

"Yea, this is my first day in the building.", I grinned uncomfortably.

"Probably you managed the first task then."

"Yea, something like that.", I replied with a slight smile.

"You didn't?", Eren asked again.

"I did, but I made a silly mistake with one wooden Titan and straight up flew into it." At the alone thought I cringed completely.

"You are lucky, that Levi wasn't inspecting you."

"No, no, he did."

Eren stopped at the latrine for food-give-away. "What? Are you sure? Maybe you've mistaken him for someone else.."

"Is he a miserable-looking short guy with a vulgar language?", Mikasa suddenly asked.

"Yes... I think.", I hesitantly answered.

"That's him, hmm...", Eren swallowed.

We talked about various things, beginning with provenance, family and continuing with interests, hobbies and friends.
Eren even offered to walk me around and show me everything with Armin and Mikasa.