94. Admiration

Pale blue light fell onto the surfaces it was capable of reaching, diminishing the whole defrayal of darkness in the sinister room through the effortlessly blowing curtains.
Their neatly arranged way flickered like the light, along with its playful shining, gracing the spotlessly white walls.

The small movements of the blossoms of the flowers were rustling ever so silently, calming you and your for a few hours constantly excited nature with their sole presence.

Hange told me to not leave me here completely alone..., you thought and finally put your hands behind your head.
It wasn't too important anyway.

You closed your eyes, letting your lashes flutter like the breezes of wind passing the grass on a wide meadow. You were alone.
In this room.
In your head.

Hange's face.
Erwin's face.
Levi's face.

Their talk and their smiles appeared like a gust of wind, streaking every sound and blocking it off in a gentle manner.
What were they talking about, after leaving this morning?
Was it another mission?
A blaze of sunlight flickered on top of your shut lids.
What has happened in the last weeks, while I was gone?

It was, as if something wanted you to open your resting orbs.
But why?
It was as quiet, as that a tiny splitter of a sharp object falling to the ground could be heard.
Levi didn't answer my question about the mission either.

You opened your eyes, tearing off from the view of him and your aloneness in your self-created comfort place.
You let your look point up, allowing pristine white to meet the pupil.

Everybody had a safe place on this earth. It was a place in their head they escaped to, after not knowing what to do.
Because in the real world, it was sometimes cold and you simply didn't know how to move on.
But in the space established in such a way by the human themselves, there was nothing capable of interfering.
You laid yourself down, being back on the willow again and looking straight into his gunmetal eyes.
The eyes of this mysterious raven.

Levi's mellow way of silence intrigued every fibre in your body, grazing it, as if he was right beside you on this yellow field in your imagination. As if his presence was actually real in this very moment.
Your breath fastened, as did your racing heartbeat. It had always been just this one glance of him, ever so disinterested, ever so distant.

Nobody entered this location, but there was still him right there, sitting on the grass for some reason.

You were dreaming.

He was right there. And still. He did nothing, except keep his lips shut.
Nothing.
His quietness was something so peculiar and calming, but at the same time, it aroused you in a conflicting way.

You were unsure about him and felt nervous to act sometimes.
But you always felt safe with him, no matter what. If there was danger, it was his sole attendance in the act, which lessened the fear.
Only when the two of you were alone, this stabbing emotion muddled your head, as well as your normally ordered thoughts.

He reminded you of father in some form.
You emptied your lungs slowly, watching Levi's missing movement on the broad field under the lightweight, cerulean skies.

Father.

A figure to look up to.
Someone, who inspired your being.
A person, always so protective and pensive.

What might he be doing now...

Reminiscence passed the horizon of memories, with your dad's soft security-emitting figure keeping every danger away, ever since you were a child. Him and Levi were stoic men, who hid their emotions with quietness, carefully rethinking every bit of action before acting it out.