58. Holy smokes

..."Always need to pull you out of this shit, don't I?"...

"Get up, criminal. Time for more torture.", Ymir shook you awake.

She didn't know you hadn't slept at all.
The entire night, your eyes had stayed open, mind drifting off to elsewhere.

-

While changing clothes, you realised, that Historia wasn't in the room.
The duvets duvets on her bed were folded and and her stuff was gone as well.
You had also perceived Ymir's strange mood-switch and her mildly duller way of behaving.

So you didn't ask.

Together, both of you made your way down and you instantly recognised the familiar, soupy scent of the refectory.

Then your eyes unconsciously moved toward a certain table.
Levi wasn't there.

At once, Ymir swung her arm around your shoulder and turned your head, placing her hand on your cheeks.
"Keep looking forward."

Afterwards, she took her tray and placed it next to yours.
Eren, who stood beside the table and usually sat next to you instead of Ymir, observed her with widened eyes.

"What?", she grouched rudely.

"Huh, uh, nothing.", quickly he sat down elsewhere, visibly intimidated by her.

Unconsciously, the corners of your mouth lifted meekly in mild amusement.

You ate your soup and everyone did the same, while talking peacefully.

Strange, you thought. Usually it's louder, because-
And stopped.

Jean.

You let your spoon inside the bowl and planned to stand up, but Ymir shoved you down again.
"Where are ya going?", she asked with a smirk.

Tired eyes gazed into hers.
"Away.", was your blank response.

"Noohoo.", she comradely pulled you tighter.
"First you'll need to find out, what you missed out on."

"Uuuh, can I tell??", Conny lifted his hand excitedly.

Sasha with a full mouth:
"Why aw yu liftin yur hanf?"

"Hell no, I'll say it.", Ymir grinned.
"Soon all of us have to learn how to behave poshly, like the aristocrats...", she over-dramatically closed eyes with an enthralling expression.

And then they started talking and talking and talking and talking.

Your look moved slowly away, perceiving the roughness of the wooden columns, supporting the building securely.

Wow, how did they build that?, you asked yourself in thoughts.
It's the same with the three, huge walls.
I wonder...

"(Y/N)!", fingers in front of your face snapped loudly, tearing you off the pensive process in your head.

You, blinking several times:
"Huh?"

Ymir frowned irritatedly.

Conny enthusiastically:
"What about going to the lake together?", he asked, filled with motivation.

Sasha nodded with the same energy.
"YEEEEAH!"

"I'm okay with it. What about you?", Armin asked, turning to Mikasa and Eren.

Mikasa looked over to Eren, who nicked.

Armin happily:
"And you two?"

Ymir crossed her arms.
"Okay, whatever."