40. Eren

... I knew he'd dump me. But why was it still so painful? ...

POV-you
My hand reached for the doorknob, as my feet guided me back into the room from where happy laughter emitted.

Inside, I felt hot stares laying on me like sharp needles.
"Are you okay?", was there first question I heard.
I returned with a smile.

"So, where's the prove?", Ymir wanted to know and I petrified internally, though Sasha wasn't better now.
I observed her suddenly looking like just having returned from a war and her face shaping in a horrifying flashback-memory.

"I'm sorry for not taking anything with me. I just spoke to Corporal Levi about it.", I explained, trying to look convincing.
But at the thought of this evening, I got a tummy-ache.
"So who's next?", I quickly asked in order to switch the subject, looking a little worried to Sasha.

I was feeling so bad for her, because she wasn't the kind of person, who could handle such things and I had on top even left her alone, forcing her to deal with all of it on her own.

After a while of sitting on the ground, leaning against my bed, I had only thought about what I had said.
I'm so stupid..., I thought.

"You okay?", I suddenly heard from beside me, which was Armin's worried voice.

I gave him a soft smile.
"Thanks Armin, I'm okay."
He returned it and I started listening to the action again.

Conny turned the bottle and it landed on Eren.
"So Eren, truth or dare?", Conny asked with an insidious smirk.

"Truth.", he responded shortly.

"Okayy..." Conny threw a glance into my direction. "Do you have a crush on somebody?"

"Uuuuuh.", Historia excitedly rose her eyebrows at me and I looked away ashamed, as I remembered how Eren had kissed me.

"Yes.", he said without any effort, which made me stare at him in shock.
How did he admit it so easily?

"And who?", Conny asked now with a confident smile.

"I don't need to tell you that.", Eren put out even more confidently. "I only have to answer one question."

"Well, seems legit.", Ymir exclaimed, raising shoulders slightly.

Eren looked at me from the corner of his eye and gave me a slight smile, which made me blush hard.

"Uh, uh, that's cuuute!", Historia chirped, going up and down on her spot.

Ymir, the calmness herself:
"Chill."

The rounds, which followed, were kind of boring and I couldn't escape the thought of Levi.
Why did he do all these things for me if he didn't care? How am I not supposed to catch feelings for him, if he does behave in such a cute way sometimes-

"-and I'll go alone to the party.", Conny announced proudly.

Ymir raised an eyebrow, obviously amused.
"Nobody to take your bald head to call it theirs, huh?"

Conny blushing:
"N-no! I'm single by choice and very happy with it."

Ymir laughed full-heartedly.
"Did you hear that Hisu?"

"That's mean Ymir.", she scolded her and Ymir just rummaged through her the blonde's hair in return.

"Nobody has a date anyway.", Conny crossed his arms.

Eren laughed and turned to me.
"Except you join me, I'd have nothing against it haha!", he put an arm around my waist shortly.
"Just kidding.", he added afterwards, his chuckle fading lightly.

I laughed as well and pushed him away from me teasingly.
"Sure, very funny.", I returned, because I wasn't feeling like I could handle any other weird situations from now on and my mood was at basement-level anyway.
So that's why I only maintained it to not ruin everybody else's night.

"And what if it wasn't a joke?", he then asked me with his brightly shining teal-eyes pointing at me. I felt the heat of his presence overrunning me at once.

I laughed it off, blushing.
"Yeah right.", I returned in a joking manner.
"Get lost."

He returned with more chuckling and blushed as well.

-

I smiled slightly, when everyone else continued concentrating on the game.
They were all happy and seemed so careless.
At least I know, that my friends are here for me.
I looked around and observed their excited faces, which made a warm, pleasant feeling flush through my body and let me snuggle up in it tightly.

As the game progressed, Eren leaned on the bed to my side, making our shoulders touch the slightest bit.
Quietly, I whispered something to him about the person who's turn it was and he giggled in response.

Thanks everyone.
Thanks, Eren. Thanks for being there for me when I need it.
And even though you don't know it, you mean a lot to me.

————————