80. Little snake

... you stared at him entirely muddled...

Levi blankly:
"We need to go."

Your heart hammered promptly, as your stare laid upon him. Electrically, the air throng amongst your surroundings, like the coldness which started sneaking up on you.

What did just happen?

It felt, as if you got woken up from a long and deeply conflicting dream.

Did this actually happen?

Your body was as hot as ever and the thousand thoughts you had before multiplied continuously.

-

Back in the building, silence hung in the air.
Your body trembled over the whole time and you hoped to god, that Levi didn't notice.
You were nervously tripping over one thought upon another, as your look pointed down, searching for all the questions, as if you were able to find what you needed somewhere on the floor.
But they didn't get them through Levi's lone presence, nor through this particular wordlessness.
To your biggest irritation, he seemed as calm as ever.

You stopped suddenly, because he stopped.
You hadn't realised, but you both had arrived in front of your room.

Immediately, you read this gesture and entered as normally as you could. All the effort you put into these few steps, oh, it was unbelievable.
And you didn't have the strength to look back a last time.
Your nervous legs felt as if they were capable of holding you for just a few more moments before collapsing, as sheer confusion spread over the fact, that you still felt his hand placed on your cheek.

Along along with the door, you closed your eyes with that peculiar prickling haunting you.

-

The next day, you weren't able to think of nothing but yesterday.
With your fork stirring in the sludge, your mind was disconnected from all that happened around you.

That's why you didn't even notice Eren tapping on your shoulder in the attempt of receiving your attention.

Not, until Ymir smacked the back of your head.
"Ey, wake up."

"Huh?", you lifted your face in surprise.

Ymir frowned pensively before her face formed unreadably.
"The dreaming returns again, I see.", she commented and continued with the subject she had spoken about before.

-

After lunch, you somehow managed to arrive at the stairwell, before being caught by Hange.
"Ey, what's popping?", she asked casually with a sassy smirk.

You blinked up to her and lingered for a few moments.
"Huh?"

"Did you even listen to me?"

You paused for a few more moments.
"I'm not sure..."

Hange sighed and dragged you softly away with herself.
"I know exactly what you need."

You with a deep sigh:
"Hange, no, I don't need drugs."

"Eh? Why not?"

"That's not how people get a clean head. I just need some time to think, that's all."

Hange perplexed:
"What happened?"

"Nothing important, I-", you looked sideways and muted instantly. Levi walked towards you both.
"Eeeh, I need to go. I have a few tasks to fulfil and-", you almost stumbled, as you tried to get away.
"Bye!"

Hange scratched her messy, brown hair in confusion, just as Levi arrived.
"Aren't these her free days?"

Levi:
"Tch. Four eyes, go."