92. Hold on

Levi frowned at once, frustration reshaping his face at new.
"What?"

"You can't stay here, there's no other way, you have to understand, that I can't even move-"

"Shut up you damn idiot!", he yelled out of himself and slapped your hand roughly off his cheek.
"Of course you can move, look at your body. You're capable of slamming against a wooden obstacle at your first entry test and thereafter standing up without any help, so you're definitely able to walk now!"
You heard an undertone in his voice as he spoke.

A mild desperation sneaked up against his own will.

You began forming sentences calmly again, trying to alleviate him in some to you unknown way.
"Levi, this is different-"

Levi annoyed:
"This is not different, do you hear me? You're going to lift your lazy ass up and we'll get you out of here immediately."

"Levi, I-"

"Shut your fucking mouth I said!", he scolded in despair.

Your eyes widened for shortly, watching him in slight shock.
He wanted to stand up, but you still peacefully kept him down with a tug on his sleeve.
"Listen. Just fulfil my last wish and listen to me for once."

His eyes flickered, having fire burning inside of them. His dismissive eyes narrowed slightly, before he coldly turned away from you.
"There's going to be enough time to tell me all of this, after we're back.", he returned bluntly.

You lingered, being staggered for a second.

"How are you exactly the one, who gives up in such a damn situation? Tch.", he dismissed, before disdainfully continuing:
"I thought you'd be the last one to give in to such vultures so easily and face death without a fight."

You scrunched your eyebrows and returned unshakeably:
"If that means, that at least one of us survives, then I'd do it."

"I'd rather have the two of us survive.", his eyes wandered away in seriousness.
"Now stop being so pessimistic and get back to your normal self, before I consider forcing you to come back to your senses with something else."

What Levi said caught you off guard.
Was it the way he nevertheless rejected you in such an essential moment?
Or how this certain care was present in his actions, which laid hidden behind callous and unfiltered words?

Levi looked down to you with a monotone expression, as you lifted yourself up. He thereafter surprisingly carefully looped his arm around your waist and made sure he was holding you tightly enough to carry you.
"Hold on to me.", he ordered blankly.

Attentively, you put your hands around his shoulders and hugged him, closing your eyes.
"Levi.", you said, before he took off.

"Hm?"

"If you won't manage to get to your horse, just-"

He interrupted you indifferently.
"Keep your bullshit to yourself and don't let me go."

With heat gathering inside of your tummy, you placed your head onto his chest and pressed yourself against his warm body.
All you heard was his heart-beat and that was all you wanted to hear.

You felt the gravity pulling you down, once Levi jumped into the air, having the only thing supporting the two of you be this one 3DMG, with the little gas it still contained.
Just in time, before the titans arrived at the previous branch, Levi and you left it and speeded toward the black stallion, which still digested grass on the side path next to the dark-green forest.

He hopped down and the sound of loud footsteps started nearing the both of you again.
Levi lifted you up and placed you onto the horse quickly, before he himself climbed it.
With a swift signal of his side, the horse speeded through the vast and white landscape.