97. To my Amsel

...With his hand brushing over the similarly meek fabric, he took a step nearer to you.
"Listen, I-", he begun, lowering his look as well...

Sightly confused, you attempted to read him.
"Hey, I know.", you spoke mellowly, before placing your hand gently on his. The raven's surprised eyes met yours.
"I know what it's like not to be able...", you thought of all the times you tried to show him how much he meant to you. And how you failed each time.
"...to tell someone that you like them."

The skin of Levi's hand started tingling on the spot where you had placed yours.
And even though his heart beat fastened, his look darkened at this view and the upcoming memory of Eren's palm laying on top of yours just similarly.

Your brows furrowed in understanding, while you smiled reassuringly at him.
"So, that's why I need you to promise me to give it to her."

His orbs managed to darken even further at your words.
"..."

"Please, promise me."

Grey met (E/C).

"Okay."

Your heart slumped, as if it was thrown from the tall wall, 160 feet steeply down and you just now awaited the clash with the coarse ground. Despite of this emotion, you returned with a happy expression.
"Thank you."

After carrying you down, the both of you returned to the HQ.
With red cheeks, you met Hange inside the building, who waggled with a rope in front of Moblit, Mike and Petra's faces.

"Oh, hey (Y/N) and Levi!", she greeted happily, abandoning her two other listeners immediately.
Petra behind Hange glanced at Levi, who had his hands tugged into his pockets in disinterest, while his bored look wandered through the huge vestibule-like location.

You in opposite, had an abashed smile plastered on your lips, prickling cheeks still cold from the raw wind outside.
"Hehehe, where were you two?", Hange grinned, wiggling with her brows.

You muted, but to your luck, Levi responded without a shrug.
"We took a walk."

"Ahaaa...", her high-pitched voice brimmed with suspicion, mingling with a veil of mischief.
"So... what did you do on this walk?"

Levi shot her a sceptical glare, so you quickly stepped in.
"Anyway, what have you been planning on doing, Hange?", you indicated the rope in Hange's hands.

She instantaneously straightened her back.
"N-nothing, why would you ask?"

You slightly confused:
"Well, because you asked me first and-"

"There's nothing, now stop interrogating me.", the brunette crossed her arms, lifting her chin insulted.

"O-okay. Sorry."

She thereafter quickly tottered back to the group and you noticed Petra's attention concentrating solely on a single point of the floor.
"Hey, Terra, wake up.", Hange snipped her fingers in front of the ginger's face, causing her to flinch.

"Oh yeah, coming.", the woman blinked several times and smiled again, this time at you and Levi.

With joy, Hange waved, before conspiratorially whispering something hastily and dragging Moblit and Petra away with herself.
Levi sceptically followed them with a look, together with you by his side.
"Do you think they're acting strange?"