31. Four eyes

... "Isn't he a lovely, little shorty?" ...

Numbness spread across your body, still in embarrassment.

"Hey (Y/N), why are you so low-spirited? Look at the positive side!"

You glanced over to her.
"What do you mean?"

"Levi's finally going to help me with my experiments!", she joyfully shrieked.

You closed your eyes and smiled.
"Sorry, that I eavesdropped on you."
This wasn't how your father had taught you to behave. But still.
They had spoken about some kind of injection for the titan-abilities. And then about Levi looking at you? What was that about?

"Hey, nothing worth talking about! It's not like you already know most of the big secrets around here, HAH!", she laughed loudly, clapping your back.
"Also, I don't mind that too much. If somebody's curious about my experiments, they're welcome to listen."

You glanced over to her and smiled brightly, remembering what Eren had told you about Hange and her love for titans, which you had to experience painfully yourself in the middle of the night.
"No thanks."

Hange, slightly disappointed:
"Fine, fine, but you're missing out! Just like when you missed out on the good alcohol last time at the campfire. I had such a good time with my burning love...", she dazed.

You giggling:
"You definitely had too much, Hange. You almost made out with fire."

Hange furrowing her eyebrows with a grin:
"At least I almost had an affair, you on the other hand slept like a bear."

You blushed instantly.
"W-well, n-yes, I was just tired from the training-"

She pat your back strongly.
"HAHAHA, well, you can make that up at the next party in two weeks! It's going to be awesome!", she enthusiastically said.
"All the dresses and lights and drinks-"

"Do you have something to wear, Hange?", you asked sceptically, not being able to imagine Hange in a dress.

"Of course! A blue suit for the good mood!", she responded.

You laughed and imagined Hange in a pretty and delicate pale-blue suit. You couldn't help it, when a picture in your head popped up, where it ripped.
"I hope it'll survive the wild night.", you said and Hange grinned.

"What about you?", she asked.

Then you realised. You had neither a suit, nor a dress. "I... have trousers and a blouse.", you replied.
Well, that would be enough, you thought.

Hange beside you grasped for air and her eyes widened. "Did... did you just say you have nothing to wear...?"

You confused:
"No, I said-"

"We'll have to find you something quickly! Let's go to the city!", she grabbed your wrist and pulled you toward the entrance.

"Hange, I-", you tried to hold her back, but couldn't. On the way, people stopped to look at both of you in scepticism.

When arriving there, she stopped as well.
"Huh.", she laughed nervously, putting a hand on her neck and scratching it.

"What is it?", you asked confused.

"It's night... There're no carriages...", she grinned awkwardly.

You chuckled. "What did you think? The shops are closed as well."