Couple-special

You realised you both were alone.

Sighing, you walked back to him, since Hange had disappeared tracelessly.
"What did you expect?", he raised a brow at you after you arrived.

"I don't even know anymore.", you exhaled, lifting your eyes for them to meet the busy surroundings. Vivacious movements from everywhere hit you, everyone seeming occupied with their own worries and tasks, whether it be husbands running with tons of baggage behind their wives, who rambled about what was necessarily to be bought, or their kids desperately begging them both for lollipops and pretzels.

There were also the filled rows of merchants, which tried to sell their stuff just as vociferously as their neighbours, creating an unpleasant atmosphere if you got too close to them, as they yelled 'fresh salad, fresh goods, fresh from the earth's roots!'

Levi took a direction already.
"Let's go to a cafe."

You tilted your head at him in question, before following.

-

Sitting on a bench under a big parasol, he retrieved the menu from the small table in front. You leaned closer from behind him in order to look in as well, at which he turned the sheet in further into your direction.

You frowned, after scanning the offered products.
"Everything's so ..."

Levi glanced monotonically to you.

You shook your head lightly.
"I'm not sure I want anything from here, let's go somewhere else."

Levi:
"Because of the prices?"

"Well, no...", you mumbled.

"Then why?"

"I'm sure you could prepare food just as good as the people working here and even better.", you tried to not make your intentions too obvious.
"Besides, we could also go and buy a few things to prepare them together instead."

Levi half-lidded:
"Just order something."

"Levi, I don't want to.", you insisted.
You didn't want to fish the money out of his pockets, the thought made you feel really uncomfortable.

"Idiot.", he looked into your eyes, making you silence just with that.
"Whether it's on me or not, it doesn't matter."

You stopped jabbering, as he passed the menu over to you. You accepted it a little hesitantly and went through the numbered pages.

Levi took off his coat and folded it on his lap, before he put it beside him and started analysing the people around you two with an indifferent expression. The women listening to their best friends gossiping about the neighbours and more kids screeching and playing hide and seek not too far away.

He smoothened the crease of his shirt, while you still tried to choose something from the menu, though it wasn't easy. There were way too many options, you couldn't decide between any of them and simply pick one.

Levi patiently waited for you, while the elderly waitress already made her way to the both of you.
"Hello, how can I help you?", she looked up from her notebook and smiled sweetly.

"Just a tea.", Levi said, then turning to you, at which you scratched your neck slightly in response.
"A tea as well, please."

"Was that all?", the elderly lady asked.

Levi looked at you, as which you nodded.
"Yes, thank you.", he then turned around to respond.

"No food?", the woman asked again in surprise.