The letter | part one

Mild breezes passed the empty streets at night, while the wearily orange lights in your periphery flickered as if they were about to give up to the coldness reaching out for their remaining energy.

Levi put off his shoes in front of the entrance and placed them into a shoe-rack, which was entirely empty until now. You tilted your head slightly in question.
For some reason you asked yourself whether you were even supposed to go in.

Levi gave you a glance and you hesitated the faintest, before imitating his doing. You pulled your shoes off and placed them beside his own, noticing how vacuous this space seemed.
After entering, you realised it wasn't much different from inside.

The grand walls extended high up, even though the house seemed so neatly and cozily small from the outside. Levi, who had held the door open for you, closed it after the two of you were in.
Carefully taking the first step, Levi hindered you from going in much further with his voice.
"Stop."

You glanced back in mild surprise.

"Wash your hands."

You sceptically smiled at him, but decided not to elaborate on the subject, choosing to simply go into the room, which represented a bathroom the most for you externally.

Levi blankly:
"That's the bedroom."

"Oh.", you took your hand away from the knob and stared sheepishly at him.
"So where is the bathroom?"

He motioned to a door on the side.

"Thanks."

Inside, the simple decoration consisted of two soaps by the sink, a mirror above the basin and one white towel just next to it all.
Curiously you studied the place and saw a shower further inside as well, which was entirely shielded by a long, white curtain. There was a little stator build into the wall, on which you noticed more soap, shampoo and translucent shower gel.
After using the tap and thereafter splashing some water over your face, you dried your hands and got out, reuniting your eyes with the simple-looking tapestry around each and every immaculately formed corner.

Some form of relief flushed over you, since you didn't need too long to prepare, because Levi had waited for you outside. He leaned against the door frame, watching you observe the gleamingly clean interior. Trying to evaluate your expectations with what you saw, you observed that he had a stator for jackets and uniforms as well, though yet again you only saw his own coat, leaving you to wonder, why he owned more than he needed. There was no not-dusted spot inside for now, therefore you wondered if Levi actually really lived inside of this building.

Your gaze moved to the small creak in a door, revealing a sight-gap to the living room. Levi parted from his position for you both to enter.
Your eyes scanned the surroundings curiously, getting perceive of a large room with a sofa against the wall and a table just in front, along with large windows covered by drapes matching the shade of the couch.

You turned to Levi.
"Can I sit down?"

Receiving a quick, tiny nod, your butt met the softness first, before your back did as well.
Levi went out of the living room, while you tried to presume how many times he even had the opportunity to get away from his duties and come to rest here.
Gloomy eyes moved from the theme-sorted book shelves to the opalescent floors.