12. Carrot

"... I frowned at Eren and followed Jean ..."

After two weeks everything was fine again.
It was just a childish argument anyway.

We sat on the table and ate our breakfast, while talking.
"I bet you can't even lift a casket without Mikasa's help-", I heard from behind me and rolled my eyes.

This had become normality in the last two weeks.
It was, as if they were addicted to each other and just fought, because they were able to.

Quickly I stood up, said goodbye and rushed outside to catch Levi.
At this time he was always with the horses.

From the side of the door, I leaned forward carefully, so that he couldn't see me.
He stood in front of a black stallion and fed it with something.
A carrot?
My eyes laid back on him.
He looked so peaceful, when he was with animals. I wondered, why this was the only time he could be so different.

"Stop staring.", he suddenly said and I shrugged in shock.

Me, stuttering:
"Sorry, I didn't want- I wasn't staring, I was just wondering when we'd start with training..."

He looked annoyed at me.
"Tch."

Behind him, I walked in a secure distance with my cheeks red.
Was I that stupid?
Optimum would be now, if I was called by somebody and could disappear, being as far away from Levi as possible.

When we arrived at the lawn, the usual process followed. But this time, he showed me new techniques.

Sometimes, when I looked at him, he looked back. Then I instantly shifted my eyes to somewhere else. His eyes were so cold.

"Where did you learn to fight?", he suddenly asked. I looked to him and saw his kind of interested expression.

I remembered all the time I had spent with my father:
"My dad showed me everything when I was still little."
He didn't say anything and we just continued.

-

After training, I fell into bed as if I was about to die.

Knock knock

Of course somebody's gonna come in.
I sighed and let out a little internal scream.

"Come in!"

I got up and saw Eren entering silently.
Then only him and I were in the room.
"Oh, sorry (Y/N), I can go, if you'd like to sleep."

"No, it's okay.", and I pat next to me on my bed, showing him that he can come and sit down.

He came closer and I leaned back, observing him. His look was concentrated on the floor.
"Hey, do you want to talk?", I quickly asked.

I saw him clenching his teeth and still looking down. Then I come closer to him and asked worriedly:
"Eren...?"

Momentarily he turned to me.
Eren, with a forced expression:
"No, it's okay, it wasn't important anyways."
Quickly he stood up and intended to leave, but I caught his wrist and looked into his eyes.

Eren:
"..."

Me, with a soft expression:
"Let's talk."

That's how Eren and I almost spend the whole night together, talking about too many things.
Well, almost.
Until Christa and Ymir came in, of course.
I found out, that Eren was a titan-shifter, which surprised me a lot. I mean, these kinds of things existed?
Normally I'd wonder, whether we could trust him, but I trusted Eren already.
They had also done many tests and had tried controlling his power. Especially Hange was involved in this.

After we said goodbye, I finally laid down into bed and immediately fell asleep.

-

"Hey, wake up...", somebody whispered while shaking me.
Wearily I opened my eyes.

————————————

Sorry that it was so short.
But don't forget that it's a Levi FanFiction.

————————————