As if I was dead

-
Hey, please don't put any spoilers in the comments and be thoughtful of the people who haven't read the manga yet.
Thank you <3
-

You parted from Levi wide-eyed.

The fork in your hand fell into the sludge beneath your lowered head.
"Heeeeyyy!", Hange exclaimed, waving in front of your face and waking you up suddenly.

You immediately lifted your eyes to meet the hazel ones calling for you, before they slowly wandered to the grey ones watching you silently in opposite.
Your heart beat fastened.

"Hey (Y/N)! You hear me, hello!", Hange called again.

You smiled slightly at her.
"Yea, everything's great.", you spoke softly.

Hange stared confused at you.
"Heh, what? Are you okay?"
She turned to Levi, who calmly sipped on his tea.
"Leshit, do you know what's up with her?"

Levi half-lidded:
"..."

The scientist scratched her head in confusion.
"(Y/N), you're weird. Leshit, you're also weird, but that's always the case.", she said.
"I just can't shake off the feeling that the two of you are hiding something, because (Y/N) looks like she's in a trance ever since this morning."

Your hand slipped up to brush over the metal of the pendant hanging down your neck and hid under the collar of your shirt, while you remembered what happened yesterday.
"It's probably just bad sleep.", you smiled.

But in your mind, you were already reminiscing of the mentioned night.

~
When you gasped for a big breath of air and your eyes opened to lock with his grey ones. He stared back with you both muting.

Your heart raced and the adrenaline in your veins wouldn't stop flushing through your drugged system, while you couldn't hinder any part of your body acting the way it did from now on.
You saw Levi's face at the reflection of the moonlight from the flickering lake just in front of you, as you two watched each other to see who'd loose in this game of keeping the eye-contact for the longest. Levi had silenced, not knowing how to act, though you knew just as little.

And so he was the one to part his eyes from you first, turning away and looking down at the glimmering grass blades leaving their damp marks on his already by the water soaked trousers. You looked away as well and cleared your throat quietly, still feeling the prickling of his kiss on your heated lips. They felt as if they had encountered a hot metal, since everything you felt overwhelmed you at once.
It was the loud silence standing out, with the noises of the moving reed around you and the sight of the dark lake's smallish waves, which just couldn't help but look ever so silvery vivid in your (E/C) orbs.

All your senses played with and fooled you at once, not allowing you to think clearly, despite of you knowing what you wanted so much right now. You wanted to kiss Levi again, just to make your heart jump several beats in the similar way and threaten you not be able to feel anything but him for a second time.

Sheepishly you glanced sideways to the raven, who sat there wordlessly beside you, not giving hints on any of his thoughts. With his dark hair wet and his shirt sticking to his body, he seemed different, he seemed alive, but he seemed also just the way you felt.

With a lowered head, you contemplated about something you couldn't even remember anymore now, since your thoughts were a giant mess of things scattered across your mind.

After this delicate while, in which both of your beings took a while to calm yourselves down, Levi stood up.

He said both of you should return, since the temperature dropped and that your soaked bodies didn't ease this condition.
You fetched your shoes from the shore with the socks still stuffed inside and went to walk beside him.