Mages and Madness

I know it's been a hot second since I last updated, I can't even express with words how sorry I am about that. Anyways... happy belated Christmas, everyone? Hope you'll take this chapter and forgive me... something huge happens, at least, and you get to see the power of a certain mage again, something that's becoming increasingly-important to the plot.

This is the last time I'll see you guys until 2021... what a crazy year, huh? Everyone's hoping things will go back to normal, myself included, though I won't hold my breath. Wishing everyone the best, and a happy new year to come!

~

After the battle, Zenith went back to where Crystal was putting on the finishing touches on Bonnie's bag and together, the sisters completed it. Bonnie was ecstatic upon seeing it, given both girls a hug before running over to where Squishy was lying down and showing it.

"Squishy, look at this!"

"Dene-ne-ne!"

The Zygarde cell sat up and peered at it, humming in approval.

"You sure solved that problem," Ash told the Sawyers as he looked between Bonnie's three Pokemon.

"It was really nice of you, Zenith and Crystal," Clemont added.

The two sent him a smile. "Just glad to help!"

"I sure hope Eevee, Dedenne, and Squishy will be happy now that they can all ride in the bag together."

Sure enough, Bonnie had set her bag down and let her Pokemon all climb in. Eevee and Dedenne took the main pouch, which was a little tight with both of them, but they made it work, and Squishy was already calling the new sowed-on pocket home. "Hey, they really like it a whole lot!"

The Pokemon let out cries of their names in agreement.

"Thank goodness," Crystal said with a nod. "It's been forever since I last sowed something that wasn't a new outfit for our showcases, so I was a bit worried I did something wrong."

Serena rolled her eyes and instead lifted her Eevee out of the blue. "Okay, Eevee, let's go practice for the next showcase!" It let out a confused wail as Serena spun them around, but after it was set back down and recovered from its dizziness, it still gave an affirmative nod, trying to be brave.

They went to a nearby tree, Pancham released from its Pokeball, and Serena had Eevee begin working on a dance routine. Despite the rigorous activity, Eevee gave its all as it leapt across the grass, jumping and twirling before doing one last big leap and turning a flip in the air, managing to land without getting hurt.

The Sawyer sisters were also practicing (but for Master Class), each of them with a few Pokemon out as they rehearsed various dances and move combinations. Crystal and Pine had out Blaziken and Lucario, practicing with tosses and powerful jumps across the field as they used moves of their respective types to create metallic glitter. Shadow had no interest in performing in Master Class, but entertained herself by having Salamence attempt to carry Houndoom on its back while flying while Mimikyu helped her make a tower of stones she found in the field.

Lastly, Zenith had gone away from the rest of the group, borrowing Red's Snorlax for Star to practice her moves. The larger Normal-Type kept itself healthy by using Protect and Rest as the shiny Partner Eevee let off barrages of Swift stars, Quick Attacks, and used Baby-Doll Eyes to wow the imaginary crowd.

She and Eevee were having a great time working in sync before they noticed a Quilladin run out of the woods, heading straight for Star, eyes basically bulging out of its sockets with adoration. "Uh, Star? I think we had an audience... and he loved the performance a little too much!"