Night Whispers

Not much action, but a rundown of the day and some insight into the Sawyer past. Not quite a backstory chapter, but about as close as we might get for a while...

~

Once our heroes finally left the gym, they met up with Red and Serena, as well as her team and Bonnie's Eevee. They got a run-down of the events at the Showcase while they themselves got caught up on Ash's gym battle.

At the Showcase, the first round was a pop-quiz, which Serena managed to win thanks to the advice Shauna gave her earlier about Eevee's evolutions, letting her pull ahead by one point and move on to the next round. Eevee was watching but then got spooked and ran off. Luckily, Red and Bonnie's Eevee found the terrified Normal-Type and made sure it was safe.

Then she did her performance and managed to win by a few votes, and Eevee was inspired to try performing. Serena wouldn't stop bragging about her first princess key, showing off the gleaming item like it was the only one of its kind, while Braixen and Pancham just sighed and tuned her out like they had learned to.

Ash told them enthusiastically about their meeting with the Anistar City gym leader and how he managed to get the gym badge after a close match using Frogadier and Talonflame, as well as Pikachu as a timer.

They went back to the Pokemon Center to let Ash's Pokemon recover, and that was when Zenith received an alarming message on her radio- it was from Gladion, she could tell from his voice despite his best fake accent, and told to check her emails.

She quickly excused herself from the group, noticing her sisters doing the same, and went to one of the Pokemon Center's computers. She signed into her email and opened the newest one, getting a link to a video, her sisters coming up behind her to see. It was posted by some random person with a Bronzor as the profile picture, but it had seemingly blown up, with hundreds of thousands of views within a few hours of being posted.

With the audio on low, they watched as a floating Olympia gave a terrifying vision, mentioning girls with strange colored hair and a family wronged, implying magic and danger coming their way. All four of them stiffened at that. Once it was finished, they stared gravely at one another.

"Danger is coming to Kalos," Pine repeated quietly.

"And we're going to have to fight to stop it," Crystal added.

"Our choices... will make or break the world as we know it," Shadow whispered, voice grave.

"The power we are forced to keep hidden... will be unleashed upon the world if we are to protect it," Zenith completed. "And even with such an advantage... I fear that it still won't be enough to stave off the evil we now must face."

Shadow ran her hands through her hair without any care as to how hard she tugged. "I don't understand! We just saw Olympia earlier today, and she seemed fine! But only a couple hours earlier she said all this!?"

"Even so, this is pointing directly at us, endangering our family and anyone else who is a sorcerer, either willingly or unwillingly. We've got a target on our backs and a bounty on our heads, and even though this prophecy has shown us to be the good guys, you know there will always be people willing to twist the story and prosecute those that are different," Zenith hissed. "Fate has declared war on us once again."

~

"Well, g'night everyone!" Zenith told everyone after they had dinner in the Pokemon Center. "Let's get up bright and early so we'll have the chance to go meet with Professor Sycamore tomorrow!"