Welcome (Back) to Ninja Village!

It's the Sawyers' first time back to Ninja Village in a while; I wonder how they'll react to seeing old scenery and acquaintances!

~

Sanpei led our heroes to a cave, bringing them to the end, which appeared to be a dead-end. "What's wrong?" Ash asked as the young ninja paused near the back, Zenith smiling as he reached out to tap on the stone at the back. It sure has been a while, but I do remember the entrance...

"Mountain," a voice called, bouncing around the cave and hiding its point of origin.

"River," Sanpei answered.

The large stone in front of them slid aside, most of our heroes gasping. Red had also never seen the place before, but merely raised an eyebrow at the strange, concealed entrance. "Sanpei! Welcome home!"

"It's great to be back!" The ninja exclaimed to the two figures who appeared, both with dark suits and swords on their backs.

"So, are they your friends?" One of the older ninjas asked.

"Yes!"

"Go see everyone," the other said. "They'll be glad you're back."

"Right!" Sanpei and Greninja led the way through the tunnel.

"It's inside... a cave?" Ask asked, perplexed, looking around the stony walls and ceiling.

"It's pitch black," Bonnie added, still in her ninja costume.

"You'll be amazed when you see it," Sanpei assured them.

Pine leaned closer to Clemont and Ash and whispered, "Have been here, can confirm." That seemed to relieve some of their worries ninja village was actually just a disappointing group of tunnel dwellers.

Zenith smiled again. You boys are about to be surprised...

As they approached the light, stepping out onto the large ledge overlooking the village, they all looked out across the land with wonder. "Awesome!" Ash exclaimed.

The rolling green fields, dotted with ponds and ever a river that snaked between fields of crops, homes, and led back through the mountains, the bridges crossing it, and the society practically carved into the opposite wall of rock was just as Zenith remembered, if not even more developed since the Sawyers' last visit.

Banners and strings of flags and lanterns were strong across the whole village, people scurrying to and fro in preparation for the upcoming festival.

"Welcome to Ninja Village!" Sanpei introduced, though the astounding view was already a warm welcome.

He led them down the winding staircase carved from the stone walls, stepping down onto a dirt path and leading them to the center of town. Up close, Zenith could see all sorts of Pokemon helping out the village folk, putting up poles and holding ropes, pulling wheelbarrows and

"Everybody, I'm back!"

"Gre-nin-jaaaaa!"

The people turned their attention to the group of newcomers. "Hey, it's Sanpei!"

"Welcome home!"

A group of well-dressed men deeper into the town turned their heads. One of the villagers closer shouted over to them. "Ippei! Nihei! Sanpei's back!"

His two older brothers came over to welcome him back, Nihei shaking hands with him. "Sanpei, it's good to have you home." The redhead had his medium-length hair pulled into a short low ponytail, while his older brother had longer darker hair pulled into a much higher one. He also had on padded armor and boots in deep sapphire and ruby red, outlined with black and gold, and a sword in a decorated sheath on his back.