Strengths and Weaknesses

Here's our other insert! It's battle time!

~

Our heroes and their new friend had multiple adventures on their travels leaving Dendemille, like when they stayed the night in a strange place and ended up traveling back in time with a Rotom. There was also when they came across the Gourgeist Festival, and Jessie and James in disguise tried to once again steal their Pokemon.

Luckily, their plans were foiled with some help from Nic's team, though Zenith noted that Jessie's Pumpkaboo was evolved into a Gourgeist from a trade that occurred during the festival. Next, they had to cross a snowy mountain on the back of a Mamoswine, which resulted in a detour to Frost Cavern, where an Abomasnow and a baby Snover met.

They luckily managed to find a Pokemon Center to stay the night in, but the power went out and Clemont had to use his Electric-Types and a bit of clever thinking to get it back, aided by Pine's Jolteon and Nic's fully-evolved starter, an Alolan Raichu. Then, Braixen broke its branch while training with Serena and Pancham for their next Showcase routine, and they had to go on a huge detour to a guy called "Mr. Branch" who only agreed to fix the stick if Serena battled with him.

It was a huge waste of time; Braixen learned Fire Blast in the process and ended up just using a new stick anyway. After that they found Trevor by a mountain hoping to take a picture of Moltres, causing Shadow to have to awkwardly explain that she already caught Moltres so it couldn't be found in the wild anymore.

As if their travels couldn't be complicated further, then Bonnie found a Tyrunt by a river before being kidnapped by Team Rocket, forcing Zenith to have to fly after them with Noivern and help her escape. Tyrunt evolved into Tyrantrum in the process, thankfully sending Team Rocket blasting off so Zenith didn't have to, and she brought the girl back safely.

They were now heading toward the town that would reap Ash's seventh gym badge and a potential Princess Key for Serena, if she managed to win the Showcase. Walking through the forests, over rocky hills, across plains, through rain and shine...

One morning, as the group finished breakfast and started on their way, everyone's partner Pokemon out- Ash's and Red's Pikachus, Chespin, Dedenne and Eevee, Braixen, the Sawyers' shiny Eevees, and Nic's Alolan Raichu- and were chatting happily, a boy appeared on the road in front of them.

"I wonder who that is," Crystal murmured after nudging Pine's shoulder. "It looks like he has Pokeballs on his belt."

"Probably just some trainer taking a walk or traveling, just like us," the brunette huffed back.

Her sister let out an exasperated sigh. "Yeah, probably..."

They kept walking down the path, but as they neared, the boy looked up at them. Waving a hand, he flagged them over. "Hey, aren't you the Sawyer sisters!? The eldest's the champion, right?"

Zenith nodded as Crystal tipped her cap and the others did the same. "That's correct. I'm Zenith Sawyer, and these are my sisters: Crystal, Pine, and Shadow."

"See, I saw you guys on TV before; you're strong trainers, right?"

"Well, yeah... It's not exactly easy becoming champion." Zenith briefly glanced at Nic, though the brunette actually seemed glad she went undetected.

The boy held his hand out. "My name's Vincent! I'm a trainer, too, and I want to prove that any Pokemon- even the more unpopular ones- can be strong! So, can I battle one of you!?"

Looking around, Zenith watched Ash practically melt with a desire to battle, managing to hold his tongue so the sisters could have their moment. "Actually, my friend Ash here is an aspiring trainer just like you are, so why don't you battle him instead? It can be a learning experience for the both of you."