Eggs!

Alright, this chapter builds off the last one, and is the last of the chapters in Sawyer Mansion until our heroes head off.

Enjoy!~

~

As the two girls walked out of the lab, Shadow turned to Zenith with her arms full. "So, how did you get here? And more importantly, how are we supposed to get back with these eggs?"

Again, Zenith only winked. "Let's say I 'rode the wind'. Anyways, don't you have a basket or something to keep the eggs safe in?"

Shadow seemed to think for a moment before she heaved up the seat for her motorcycle with the tips of her fingers, revealing a small compartment. "I don't think it'll fit them all, and it doesn't seem very safe..."

The pink-highlighted honey blonde thought for a moment, before an idea popped into her head. "Hold these!" She exclaimed as she set the eggs in her younger sister's arms and ran back toward the Professor's lab. She darted inside, passing Sophie and Cosette- the Professor's assistants that helped raise the Sawyer quadruplets for a period of time- with a wave as she grabbed a few spare cushions and blankets.

She returned to she that Shadow couldn't even move without risking breaking any of the four eggs piled on her, so Zenith quickly set the cushions up in the seat compartment and laid one of the blankets over them. "There we go, Blaze, one nest built!"

"Can you please get them in the nest already before I drop them!?" The noirette retorted, her voice muffled thanks to the silver eggs in front of her face.

Zenith laughed as she took two and set them gently inside, while Shadow regained her sight and put the other two inside. Satisfied, they shut the lid and set the seat back down. Shadow handed her sister a helmet as she put her own black, flame-decorated one over her head and started the engine.

"I haven't ridden on one of these for years," Zenith admit nervously with a chuckle. "Please don't crash..."

Shadow rolled her eyes, not that anyone could see under the helmet visor. "Put the helmet on, hold onto me, and shut up," she instructed, which the champion did.

Once Zenith was securely holding onto her sister, the black-haired girl put her foot on the pedal and they started on their way, the sun slowly climbing in the sky. Despite the roaring engine and the other cars zooming beside them, Zenith actually quite enjoyed it- anything fast-paced and related to air usually did the trick.

Her blonde and pink locks were flying behind her as they sped down the street, and suddenly it was crystal (no pun intended) clear why Shadow kept her hair so short. If her hair was anything like mine, it'd be smacking me right in the face! Either way, she pulls it off. Same goes for the motorcycle and the secret fire power.

It wasn't long before they reached Sawyer Mansion. Zenith hopped off and handed her helmet back to Shadow as the noirette got ready to walk it into the garage, pulling out two of the eggs to take inside.

She stepped inside with her arms full. "We're back!" Zenith announced, followed by Shadow a few moments later. However, there was no response, so the two girls sighed and walked around, checking each room other than the ones that used to belong to their parents- those were strictly off limits to guests, but none of the siblings went in there, either.

Once each common room and bedroom was checked- as well as the kitchen and dining room- and they were sure no one was on the roof, Zenith and Shadow went to the last possible room they could be in.

The girls opened the door to the central library to multiple excited voices. Since they entered from the second-floor entrance, all they could see were the huge bookshelves lining the higher-up section, the golden rails in an oval shape to keep from falling down to the first floor, the brightly-lit chandelier, and the rope bridge across the middle.

Zenith sighed. "They're on the first floor. May as well go down as see what's up, huh?" She suggested, her sister nodding. Shadow went up to the sturdy cord and reached for one of the harnesses fastened to the closest bookshelf, putting it on and testing it with a tug.

Holding the eggs tight, she walked to the start of the bridge, but instead of crossing, she leapt off the edge, catching on the cord and zip-lining down to the first floor. Zenith did the same moments later, the two girls slipping their harnesses off as they looked for their friends.

The larger ground floor of the library was alive with laughter and smiles. Lillie and her Clefable were balancing on a stool to reach for a book in the "M" section, Crystal and Red- along with Sylvy and Pikachu- were looking at a book on one of the benches together, Ash and his own Pikachu were chasing Bonnie for a book on legendary Pokemon, and Clemont- who miraculously wasn't chasing after Bonnie- was talking happily to Pine and Gladion, the latter two's Lucario and Midnight Lycanroc sitting patiently beside them.

The only one who wasn't having any fun was Serena, who was lying angrily on one of the benches with her nose scrunched up. She, however, was also the only one to notice Zenith's and Shadow's reappearance, at first.

It didn't take long before Bonnie- too busy looking over her shoulder to taunt Ash for not catching her- ran smack into Shadow, who nearly dropped her eggs in the process. As Bonnie's face lit up as she realized the two were there, Shadow practically snatched the eggs away from her grasp.

"Bonnie! Watch where you're going next time, these are really rare Pokemon eggs given to me by the Professor and you nearly broke them!" She snapped, her green eyes glowing dangerously as she glared at the young girl.

Zenith pat her sister's arm, silently telling her to go easy on Bonnie, and crouched down. "Hey Bons; it's alright. She didn't mean to get angry like that, but you should be more careful when you're running, okay?"

The young blonde nodded guiltily. "I'm sorry... but what kind of Pokemon are in those eggs?"

Ash caught up to them, finally, then, his breath ragged. "Hey, Zenith's... back...! And... with eggs...!?"

This caught everyone's attention, even Serena's, and they turned their heads and began walking over to see that indeed, the sisters brought back eggs.

Shadow sighed, her snarl changing back to a neutral deadpan. "These are from Professor Sycamore, he had enough for each of us- as in the quadruplets- to have one. They're apparently going to hatch into shiny Eevees, but we're only allowed to battle one another until they get stronger," she relayed.

Crystal and Pine grinned, the former taking her egg from Zenith while the latter took hers from Shadow. Lillie and Gladion bowed, as if to say we'll be around. Zenith discreetly nodded at them. I hope they stay out of trouble and meet up with us a little later...

"Now," Zenith prompted, "Time to go?"

~

Finally, it's about time our heroes left Lumiose!

***Let me also take this time to remind you all of the naming contest for Zenith's, Crystal's, Pine's, and Shadow's Eevees once they hatch; I'm a little surprised that no one has submitted any names. I'm taking any and all suggestions into consideration, and four unique names are needed (and if they should evolve in the future, perhaps?) so if you have any ideas, please let me know in the comments!***

See you next week! Stay safe, 

Zenith