Making Our Way!

A bit of wholesome filler up ahead before Ash's Gym Battle against Clemont! Enjoy!~

~

Everyone was woken up bright and early by pop music playing over the speakers. There were speakers in every room, all connected to a system that none of the Sawyers would reveal the home location of. It just played a house-wide morning alarm.

"Follow me Ash!" Zenith exclaimed as she noticed the raven-haired boy in the hallway, pulling him along. They walked into her common room, down the stairs, and out as if leaving through the front door, but instead, the honey blonde pulled him into a side room at the last second.

A gigantic dining room was laid out, with three different chandeliers with lights hanging from the ceiling. Plates of steaming-hot food were laid out, as well as Pokepuffs, placemats, and cups of berry juice for everyone. And Pine and Crystal walked out together with more food, fresh from the kitchen!

"Thanks sis!" Zenith exclaimed to the platinum blond, seeing as the brunette had already run back out for something else. "This looks great; dig in everybody!"

Down the table, Serena, Bonnie, Shadow, and Red were already seated, beginning to fill their plates. Ash sat down with Pikachu to do the same as Zenith sat across from him, beside Shadow.

When the other two Sawyer sisters came out, Crystal sat across from Red and Pine, after placing down a few vitamins for her Pokemon, grudgingly sat across from Serena. Gladion and Lillie soon came out of their rooms as well, entranced by the smell of food, as they sat at the two head seats at either end of the table and began to eat as well.

"So, uh, Gladion and Lillie?" Ash began between gulping down huge mouthfuls of food, "Are you two going to come with us? I'm battling my friend Clemont, the gym leader, and it'd be really great if you could come with us!"

The two blond(e)s shook their heads, the eldest explaining, "We have some... business to attend to elsewhere, so we won't be able to make it. However, if you're going to the girls' concert, I'm sure we'll see you there; just don't be surprised if we're dressed up for the occasion."

Zenith realized what her brother meant by that; they had escaped from an attempted break-in and discovery of the Paradise, and would need to contact their mother and the rest of the staff there ASAP.

And considering everything, they'd be risking a ton just to attend the concert. "Are you sure you want to risk it, just to see us perform?"

Lillie nodded, instinctively clutching the Luxury ball on her belt, which was hidden under the long white blouse she wore. "I haven't been to one, and Bolt's only seen a few; we'd never pass up the opportunity to watch our sisters' performance-of-a-lifetime!"

Suddenly, Zenith stood up, shock covering her face. "OMG! I'll be right back! See ya in a sec!" Before she ran out of the dining room, leaving everyone else perplexed.

The pink-streaked honey blonde raced back to her common room, leaping up the stairs three at a time before hopping into the swivel chair at her second-floor desk and flipped her laptop open. She furiously typed on the keyboard, pressing down on the keys like lightning before another machine on the desk roared to life and a few things printed.

The second they were done, Zenith powered her laptop off, swiped the printed sheets, and ran back. Once she was seated, she split them into parts and gave them out; one for Red, Ash, Bonnie, Serena, Gladion, Lillie, and an extra that was for Clemont.

"Uh, what are these?" Serena snarked, not even bothering to read them.

Pine reached across the table to flip it over in her hands. "It was upside down you heathen, and they're backstage passes. Super exclusive; be grateful!"

Bonnie and Ash got up and began cheering and dancing, definitely excited. The boy's Frogadier, Fletchinder, and Goodra let themselves out of their Pokeballs to join in, while Pikachu had already began exclaiming something to Dedenne.

Serena turned her nose up with a 'hmph,' though Red smiled a thanks to Zenith before returning to converse with Crystal once more.

Once they finished breakfast, Zenith made sure everyone had their things before the group- minus Gladion and Lillie of course- headed to Prism Tower for Ash's gym battle against Clemont.

"So, Ash, are you ready? I'm sure you'll do awesome!!" The pink-highlighted honey blonde asked him, bouncing along the street as the large building got closer and closer.

"Yeah... I'm a little nervous, because I know Clemont is really strong, but I'm always ready for a challenge!" He replied with his hand extended in a fist, determination crossing his face.

As she continued skipping at his side, Crystal tilted her head, whispering something in Red's ear (he nodded in silent response to whatever she said) before she pulled her sister aside. "Hey, Sky, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Sure. What is it, Yuki?" Zenith replied once the two had fallen behind the rest of the group.

"When we're at Ash's gym battle, can you quiet it down with all your cheers? I heard from last time he had a gym battle you would hardly shut up, and I want to be able to concentrate on what's going on," the platinum blonde requested, her blue eyes shimmering innocently as her plan was set in motion.

Zenith's face fell for a second before she nodded. "Oh, uh, okay." She then turned back to the rest of the group and sprinted back. "Ash wait uppppppp!" Once she caught up with them- easily; she was very fit- they fell back into easy conversation. "Say, if you win the battle, I'll buy you ice cream!"

"You don't have to do that!" He sputtered, a faint blush on his face, not that the Kalos Queen noticed.

"It's fine, I want to! If you can beat Clemont, you totally deserve it!" She gave him a grin before looking forward. "Race ya!"

"It's on!" Ash replied, the two bolting forward to try and reach Prism Tower before the other. By the time they made it, both were laughing hysterically, though Ash was on the ground, groaning from exhaustion.

She reached an arm out. "Come on, you've got a gym battle to get to!" Zenith glanced back at the others, still another few minutes' walk away. "HURRY UP YA SLOWPOKES!"

~

Ooooh, Crystal's a sneaky one, isn't she? And yes, the concert is getting closer and closer! Within the next few weeks (chapters) you'll finally get to see the Sawyer Sisters' band in action! Look forward to that!

Anyways, toodles!

Zenith