Preparing for the Dance!

Crystal's team as well! Love how this one turned out. Anyways, this chapter is for all the dance party buildup and even the beginning of it. This is a good long one, hope the wait was worth it, so go on ahead and enjoy it!

~

Shadow approached Zenith when they reached a meadow, pulling her aside while the others sent out their Pokemon and ran around. "Sky."

"Blaze, what's up?"

"Talked with Bonnie earlier while we were searching for Nicera."

"Oh? That's good to hear. What of it?"

The ravenette pulled out a Pokeball and shook it in her hand. "She's clearly informed enough to be a trainer despite her age, and she has supervision at all times. She even has a team! So why can't she use her Pokemon yet?"

Zenith sighed. "You know about the age rule."

"Dude, do you not remember how we became trainers? And what about Beedrill Boy?"

"You need papers and signatures for that. We'd have to contact her guardians, the Professor, a trainer, and..."

"Yeah, and the Champion to grant permission. You know who is the current Champion, Sky?"

"...Okay, that actually makes sense. Still, someone's gonna have to make the flight back to Lumiose to get permission from Bonnie and Clemont's parents, and the Professor."

Shadow held out her phone. "I was already planning on going back with some data he needs to see anyway. A quick pit stop is nothing. Not to mention it's only an hour or two. I could be there and back and still have daylight to kill."

"Do you have the forms with you?"

"You can fill them out online now, so I can just download the PDF, get your signature, and print it out when I get there. Could even pick up some beginning trainer supplies and an extra Pokedex while I'm there."

Zenith considered it. "Did you ask Bonnie about this already?"

"Mentioned it. She seemed excited to become a trainer; I assume she doesn't realize how close that is."

"Alright, I'm in. Hand it over." Zenith took Shadow's phone and used her finger to write in her signature on her line, checking the box to give permission. "When are you heading out?"

"Tonight, hopefully."

"Don't get lost or injured to anything. We have... appearances to make at the dance tomorrow, after all."

Shadow took her phone back and rolled her eyes. "Trust me, I know."

~

While in the meadow, Noibat was poisoned by a Breloom, but a kind Floette nearby used Aromatherapy to heal it. It was nearly swept away by the wind, but Noibat saved it, and they became friends. The Breloom came back and was pretty upset that Floette wanted to be friends with Noibat over it, forcing the little Flying-Type to defend Floette and itself from both the Breloom and, later, Team Rocket.

Thankfully, after learning Acrobatics, it wasn't too much for Noibat to handle, and by the time Floette's pack floated by and they had to say goodbye, it was time for our heroes to leave, too.

"I remember I thought Floette were the cutest thing a few years back," Crystal said dreamily.

Pine brought a finger to her chin. "Oh yeah. Wasn't that back when we last saw our cousins?"