Performing for the Future!

"...What!?"

Crystal and Pine gave each other an enthusiastic high-five while the crowd cheered. Shauna looked a little bit disappointed but came over to congratulate them nonetheless; the sisters accepted the praise and complimented her own performance in return.

"You and your Pokemon did a great job, especially for a newer performer. Soon enough, you could be the one standing up to the Kalos Queen!"

"Or perhaps, Kalos Queens," Pine added with an uncharacteristic giggle.

"Thanks! Now, you guys have to win it for the rest of us!"

Crystal saluted. "We'll do our best!"

Meanwhile, Serena held back her tears and, at the first possible moment, ran backstage. Even as people tried to comfort and reassure her, she just pushed them aside until she could lock herself in a stall and be alone.

Her wrist was also really hurting from her injury during the performance. When she finally forced herself out of the stall, she found herself face-to-face with Palermo.

"You did well; I'm impressed you got as far as you did. You definitely followed Zenith's advice and managed to carve out a niche for yourself. I may not be able to take you on as my disciple, but I respect your skill. If you need anything, give me a call. Oh, and please see a doctor about your wrist. You wouldn't want any permanent damage."

Serena was speechless, closing the jaw she didn't know had opened and nodding. She scurried off before she could further embarrass herself and steeled her resolve before approaching most of our heroes. Bonnie waved when she saw Serena approaching.

"Nice job performing, Serena!"

Clemont looked her over. "Is your wrist okay?"

Ash gave her a nod. "You did your best and made it almost to the end. You've really come a long way, Serena. And that's coming from someone who used to think showcases were a waste of time."

She just sat down with a huff, wanting to get the rest of the show over with already.

At the same time, Zenith was busy preparing for her own performance. Although she put her all into each and every one, her showcase at Master Class was the most important. As many Pokemon as the performers wanted could be used, so she was getting ready with three of her teammates and the additional Star.

Crystal and Pine rushed off to get their teammates for the finale. Palermo visited them as well, congratulating her twin protegees for their performance and advising them before going up against Zenith. Soon enough after the brief intermission, it was time for the show everyone was waiting for.

Monsieur Pierre was grinning as he took center stage once more. "Everyone in the audience, and all our online viewers, it's finally time for the final round of this year's Master Class. Give a warm welcome to our competitors: you know them, you love them, and it's certainly a sibling rivalry to behold! Reigning Kalos Queen Zenith, and the challengers, Crystal and Pine!"

Shadow was the first to speak up in cheers. "THOSE ARE MY SISTERS! KICK SOME ASS FOR ME YOU GUYS!"

All three of her sisters visibly cringed on stage, laughing and shaking their heads at their fellow quadruplet's behavior.

When the crowd quieted down and Zenith had stepped aside to give her opponents the stage, Monsieur Pierre continued. "First up, we have the challengers. Crystal and Pine!"

All the lights shut off except two spotlights, one on each sister. They stood back to back like before, but this time, their eyes were closed. Vapor and Leafy matched their trainers, sitting serenely and still on their heads.