A Bit of High Voltage for the Soul

Aaaaand it's that time once more! And just before Christmas, too! Too bad Zenith and her friends already celebrated the Pledging Day ceremony... But with that, we're back after a successful saving of the poor little Spoink, and it's time for our heroes to continue their journey through the badlands!

~  ~

Our heroes, and the ever-present Serena, were heading through the badlands. They had camped out the night and woken up, packed up after a hearty meal, courtesy of the four sisters, and were continuing on their way.

All of the sudden, Zenith's radio beeped to life again. "Contacting all units. Major problems with the circuitry at the Kalos Power Plant. Backup needed. All of Lumiose City may lose power, or worse, over."

Zenith looked up gravely. "I have to go help."

"What? What's that doing, and what's wrong with the power plant!?" Ash exclaimed.

"I told you, I always have my champion radio on for emergencies. Not just for me and my sisters to stay in touch, but to help the citizens, and right now, there's trouble at the power plant, which is half a mile away from here, so let's go!" Zenith exclaimed before picking her walkie talkie up. "This is Champion Zenith here, I'm on my way, over."

"Shadow, Pine, and Crystal Sawyer here, we're coming to assist with the plant, over."

"Kanto Champion Red here, and I'll join the Sawyer Sisters in helping solve the problem."

Ash nodded. "Bonnie, Serena, Ash? Hope you know how to run and run fast," Pine said.

"My brother was the one who helped build the plant! I'm sure he'll be there!" Bonnie exclaimed before tucking Dedenne in her bag. "Let's go."

Serena began to complain, but the others ran, leaving her and her two Pokemon to huff and chase after them.

"Plant manager to Champion Zenith: Lumiose Gym Leader Clemont has arrived and is helping, but more assistance is required. We're expecting you, Red, and your sisters soon, so be careful and hurry. Over," The voice on Zenith's radio said.

"Alright, see you in five. Over and out."

The sisters were the first to get there, with Zenith in the lead with to her incredible speed thanks to her athleticism. She scanned her Key Stone to the door, opening it, allowing the others to follow.

"Zenith, sisters, thanks for getting here so fast. They need you in the back, and quickly," the secretary told them quickly. The champion nodded, flashing her Key Stone at another doorway before it opened up.

Inside, Clemont was struggling with Luxio, whose eyes were bright red. With a jolt, Zenith turned around to see Dedenne and the two Pikachu looking the same way.

Clemont noticed them a moment later. "The controls were being manipulated to form an underflow. Lumiose's power has been shut down, and all Electric-Types are becoming out of control and violent! The criminals who did this have been taken care of, but the system is going haywire!"

"Try to reach through the control on the Pokemon. We'll have to shut everything down and do a total system reboot," Zenith said with authority. He nodded before trying to talk his Pokemon out of the insane state.

Crystal had pried Dedenne away from Bonnie safely, while Ash and Red were trying to talk to their Pikachus. Zenith rushed to the control and hit the giant red OFF button.

The giant electric orb went from glowing a dangerous red to dwindling until it was nothing. The lights around them turned off, and Zenith pulled out a flashlight before pressing more buttons to turn the power generators back on.

Slowly but surely, the electric orb appeared and began to grow, but it stopped at the size of a watermelon. The light flickered. "There's not enough power," she realized.

She turned back to the others, and luckily the red-eyed Pokemon were back to normal.

"Everyone, we need to power up the machine! It must have been broken while it was being tampered with. If you have any Electric-Types, use them now!" She exclaimed. Dedenne, Pikachu, Pikachu, and Luxio stepped up and began to power the orb, but it hardly did anything. Pine released her Jolteon, who began to help, but it didn't do much extra.

She sighed, a grim look on her face. She released Gardevoir before tossing the Pokemon her Love Ball. "Hold onto this, Gardevoir. We need more help." She turned to her sisters. "We need to make a quick PC stop."

The four Sawyer sisters shared a long, knowing look, before Zenith ran up the stairs onto the upper platform where the PC was. Pine released Chesnaught, Crystal released Greninja, and Shadow released Delphox, each tossing them their Pokeballs. They then followed their sister, another Pokeball appearing in each girl's hand.

"Go, s'il vous plaît!" They all exclaimed.

Then, around them, four new Pokemon appeared. A yellow and black bird, a yellow black-striped purple-haired saber-toothed tiger, a blue and purple genie-like Pokemon on a cloud, and a yellow upright cat-like Pokemon.

"Are those-"

"Yes, legendary Pokemon," Zenith said casually.

Everyone else's jaws, minus Red's, dropped. "You've caught four legendary Pokemon!?" Ash exclaimed.

Zenith laughed. "Together, my sisters and I have caught them all! These are just a few of the many legendaries we have! Anyway, Zapdos, use Thunder!"

"Raikou, Discharge!"

"Thundurus, Charge Beam!"

"Zeraora, Plasma Fists!"

The four commanded, and the orb grew bigger and brighter, but it still wasn't enough. Then, Pine exclaimed, "Jolt, I believe in you!" And it grew bigger.

"Pikachu, I believe in you!" And bigger.

"And to you, too, Pikachu. I will always believe in you." And bigger.

"Dedenne, I totally believe in you!" And bigger.

"Luxio, I-" Clemont was caught off guard when his Pokemon was enveloped in a white light and grew, becoming a powerful Luxray. "Luxray, I believe in you."

The lights came back on fully, and the orb grew to its prime size. Each attack died down, and the orb stayed the right size. "We did it!" Zenith exclaimed.

They all cheered, except Serena, who stood in the corner, jealous of the sisters and especially of Zenith. She had legendary Pokemon, she was champion, she was Kalos Queen, she was beautiful, and everyone seemed to love her! Why couldn't they love Serena instead!?!?

Then, the doors opened and a single blond entered, wearing a ripped black sweatshirt and pants. "I can see you brought the 'legendary' help."

"Big brother? Is that really you...?"

~  ~

Cut! What a cliffhanger, huh? The quadruplets have legendary Pokemon!? Serena's jealousy, and then bam! Who could Zenith's (and Crystal, Shadow, and Pine's) older brother be? I gave a few clues, but until next week, you can't be certain!

Stay tuned! As always, more is to come next week! Goodbye for now,

Zenith