Kalos Calamity

This one gets intense! A lot of important characters show up, and the fate of the region if not the world itself hangs in the balance. Can Zenith and her friends really save everything? Well, let's find out!

~

Steven Stone touched down outside Lysandre Labs, his Mega Metagross at his side. Mable and Weavile's attacks hadn't been anything to worry about.

He greeted Professor Sycamore and the young girl- Mairin- beside him. She told the both of them worrying information about the things hidden inside, including the makings for a giant monster and a strange man that Lysandre called his business partner.

What he didn't expect was a legion of dignified strangers to touch down behind them, led by a quartet of young ladies. The one at the head dipped her head. "Steven Stone. What a pleasant surprise."

After a moment, he realized he recognized two of the five girls; the one who greeted him, the brunette with the lavender eyes, was the Alolan Champion Skyla, and the blonde beside her was one of her sisters, Galarian Champion Luna. "Ah, Ms. Skyla, and you must be Ms. Luna, but..." He could assume the other three girls were their other sisters, but fell short when he took a closer look at the strangers. There was something... odd about them.

An unidentifiable crest was present on each of their uniforms, and the Pokemon at their sides seemed subtly stronger than any normal ones he'd seen before. Stranger yet, some of them were doing things that were simply impossible, floating in midair or manipulating their environment.

"Excuse us," Skyla said, interrupting his train of thought. "I and my sisters are not here as Champions today, but generals and knights. We are the Elite Army, sent by Lusamine Skyler of Mages."

That name rang some bells. Steven recalled quite the stir occurring during his teen years involving a strange woman with supernatural powers. He had always believed they were old wives' tales... The sight in front of him had him reconsidering that belief.

Meanwhile, Sycamore greeted them warmly. "Ah, girls, what a pleasant surprise... Isn't this a sight for sore eyes? It's been far too long since I last saw humans and sorcerers standing side-by-side like this."

Mairin seemed upset when they mentioned magic. "Oh no... Lysandre's business partner... I think he was like one of you guys. He was a really, really bad guy, though... Even inside buildings, he made the wind and the rain turn dark..."

The Sawyer Cousins froze, whipping toward the young girl. "No... that can't be... Can it?

"Our uncle," Skyla explained darkly, the realization stunning the other mages beside her. "He's really been working with Team Flare all these years after he disappeared... We need to go in and investigate as soon as possible. Soldiers! Weapons at the ready!"

Magical runes, weapons, and Pokemon of all kinds by their trainers' sides were prepared for battle at a moment's notice. Meanwhile, strange energy that looked a sort of translucent blue circulated around Skyla and Luna, manifesting as Pokemon-themed weapons that they held in their hands alongside their partners; Skyla had a Lucario while Luna had a Hatterene.

Meanwhile, their sisters also got ready. The blonde with blue streaks called Melody nodded alongside her Lopunny; the brunette named Lilith and her shiny Florges took twin battle positions; and the raven-haired girl known as Olivia posed beside her Cinderace before a line of green fire blew a hole in the wall for them to enter.

He didn't know who the girls had been talking about, but the man working alongside Lysandre seemed like quite the fiend to be wary of. He kept close to his Mega Metagross as they all stepped into the darkness.