A Psychic Showdown!

Ash's seventh gym battle is here! You already know he's ready to give it his all against Olympia, so let's see how he does!

~

"Here we are, the Anistar Gym!" Ash exclaimed, a bit out of breath.

"I was the one who beat you in the race here," Zenith reminded him, the rest of them struggling to catch up. "I wonder if we should meet the professor tomorrow, since we saw on the news earlier he was coming to research the sundial."

Shadow finally made it next, panting but wearing a victorious expression. "I sure... hope... so! He can see our hatched... Eevees and... I can show him my latest... research!"

"Sounds awesome, but we can focus on that later! Right now I wanna get my gym badge!" Ash pumped a fist in the air. They walked into the gym, passing a few psychics practicing, before seeing Olympia standing at the top. Zenith smiled and waved at her. "I'm here for a gym battle!"

She turned to them and nodded, ordering the others to leave the battlefield. Everyone except Ash and his Pokemon went to sit at the sidelines, but Olympia turned to Zenith and waved her over. "My usual referee, a close friend and fellow psychic, is out for the day, so would you mind standing in?"

"Of course not! Star and I would be delighted!" She exclaimed, jogging over with the shiny Eevee on her shoulder. Zenith, admittedly, was a bit down since she wouldn't be allowed to cheer him on, but she'd be smiling and rooting for him the whole time; he knew that.

Olympia nodded and flew into the air with her Meowstic releasing themselves from their Pokeballs. "Alright. Who are you?"

"Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town!"

"I accept your challenge, Ash. Let us begin! You will battle these Meowstic!"

Clemont stared at the male and female version of the Pokemon. "So it's a double battle."

"Alright, I'm ready!" Ash exclaimed.

"This is a double battle between the gym leader, Olympia, and the challenger, Ash. Each trainer will battle with two Pokemon at once. There will be no substitutions," Zenith announced.

"No substitutions, huh?" Ash murmured.

"I wonder what this battle holds... Both her Pokemon are Psychic-Types, so she must be planning something," Clemont mused.

"I'm so worried! Good luck, Ash!" Bonnie exclaimed.

Zenith looked up at her friends. "Whatever happens, I know both sides will try their best and give this battle their all. And your Pokemon, Ash?"

"Right. Kay, I choose you!" Pikachu jumped off his shoulder as Frogadier was released.

"And your other Pokemon?" Olympia prompted.

Pikachu looked ready to bound forward before Ash stopped it. "Hold on, Pikachu. I want you to cheer us on from the side. Talonflame, I choose you!" The Electric-Type sighed and ran over to join Zenith on the sidelines. "Give it your best, okay!?"

"Good, now, battle begin!" Zenith exclaimed, slicing her hand in an upward motion above her head.

"Helping Hand and Future Sight," Olympia commanded her Meowstic, "at the same time." The dark blue male Meowstic gathered its strength and poured it out toward the white female Meowstic, who uses its psychic power to launch attacks into small portals.

"It won't matter," Ash declared, "because I'll finish this fight before the Future Sight even lands! Frogadier, Aerial Ace! Talonflame, Flame Charge, let's go!" The two Pokemon weaved between each other as they launched toward their foes. However, both Psychic-Types used their ability to levitate, easily floating out of the way of the attacks. "Huh!?"