Triple Tag Battle Madness!

First off, huge apologies for the delay. My family and I were on vacation for the week, my draft for this chapter was stuck on my computer at home while connection for my phone was weak at best. I just got back home within the hour, so I hope you'll accept this chapter a few hours late rather than delay another week.

It's great to be back, my dear readers, so enjoy!

~

After a while, Serena took her Eevee and other Pokemon to sit alone and chill, and- miraculously- the Normal-Type started to actually relax around her a bit. Then a video of Zenith performing on the TV came on Eevee got inspired by the performance, which led to her and Serena actually agreeing on one thing: a passion for performing.

"So what do you say we battle?" The honey blonde finished, after proposing the idea to the group. "If we do a fight, then maybe Eevee will gain confidence performing in front of people!"

"That's probably the smartest thing that's ever come out of her mouth," Pine whispered. "Color me impressed."

Ash actually seemed to like the idea. "You know what? That actually sounds cool! There's plenty of us to battle, and it could help us see how far everyone has come since the last time we met. I'm in! What do you guys say?"

"So you're proposing a Tag Battle?" Zenith asked him. "Each side has, say three or four trainers to a team with one Pokemon, and they battle until one side is victorious, like a double battle but different at the same time."

"Sounds good to me," he agreed.

"And me! Since it was my idea!" Serena exclaimed.

"Sounds fun!" Tierno added. "You can count me in!"

"What will we do for teams, though?" Shauna wondered aloud.

Zenith sat back. "Well, since I'm the reigning champion, it probably wouldn't be fair for me to join in. Red, either, since he was the champion of Kanto. So, I think the most fair way would be Shauna, Serena, Rose, and Blaze versus Tierno, Ash, Nic and Yuki!"

"You callin' me weak!?" Shadow yelled, bristling as though she wasn't itching for a battle challenge. "I could beat Red in a fight!"

"I would never say such a thing," Zenith replied, feigning offense. "But you'll have to take that challenge up with Red later. Anyway... Does that sound good to everyone? Besides, while Clemont referees, Bonnie and her Eevee will need help as the cheering squad!"

"Sounds awesome!" Ash stated. "It'll be fun, and a good training opportunity!"

"You hear that, Eevee?" Serena asked the Pokemon in her arms. "We can come up with performance ideas, and it'll be your first battle! Let's win it together!"

From Bonnie's arms, the jolly Eevee waved at its twin and gave a reassuring squeal. The timid Eevee nodded.

~

"All right! It's Serena, Shauna, Pine, and Shadow versus Ash, Tierno, Nic, and Crystal! The Tag Battle will now commence! Trainres will use one Pokemon each, and the battle is over when all three Pokemon on either team are unable to continue." Clemont announced. On his right were the girls, with their Ivysaur, Eevee, Lucario, and Houndoom, while on his left was Blastoise, Pikachu, Lycanroc, and Vapor.

"Go go, good luck!" Bonnie exclaimed from the sidelines.

Zenith waved. "Good luck, everyone! Have fun!"

Red only gave a small smile toward Crystal and his brother. All the other Pokemon were either in their Pokeballs or by the benches, the latter of which all verbally expressed their support for the battle. Both Nyx and Melody were busy chattering away at Bonnie's Eevee and Star, who Zenith let down from her shoulder, but the brown and cream Eevee kept glancing at its twin with pride and encouragement.