Reunited Just in Time for a Gym Battle!

Zenith Sawyer here, reporting for duty! The weekly chapter has arrived! Hope you enjoy! And this picture of her (not mine originally but I edited it to fit Zen's appearance!)

~

Serena was jolted awake by the sound of an explosion. She and Pancham jumped up to see a colorful beacon in the sky not too far away.

"That must be one of the others! Come on Pancham, let's go!" She grabbed her backpack and lifted Pancham onto her shoulder before beginning to run towards it.

Meanwhile, Ash and his friends were also woken up by it. They quickly gathered their things before running out. Fennekin seemed to lead them, ecstatic to be reunited with her trainer.

They neared a hill, which had a small cliff carved inside. Ash saw, standing at the entrance, two figures. One was a short blonde, who was smiling and waving at them, while the other was tall, with long honey blonde and pink hair. "Zenith!! It's you!" He cried upon seeing them, running even past Fennekin and tackling her.

"Ouch, you didn't have to tackle me, Ash!" She laughed, helping herself and then him up. Goomy nuzzled his leg, and he gave the Pokemon a smile. Clemont embraced his little sister.

Just then, another figure appeared down the hill. Serena had seen Ash tackle Zenith with joy, and a small twinge of jealousy hit her in the gut. They look like they've known each other forever, even though I've known Ash since I was just a kid while they just met the other day!

Trying to hide her anger, she and Pancham climbed the hill as well. Even if she was upset with the Kalos Queen for gaining so much adoration from her... friend... so quickly, she was still an amazing performer and battler.

Fennekin leapt up to the girl with glee, and Serena and her Pokemon had a touching reunion. She gave the rest of her friends quick hugs or nods as they greeted each other. "Hey everyone, how was your time in the storm?"

"Ash and I found a cave and set up camp with our Pokemon for the night. I trust you did the same?" Clemont asked Zenith, who nodded.

"Yep! Bonnie and I were nice and cozy the whole night! How about you, Serena?" She replied with a smile, looking to the other honey blonde, who was still muddy and damp.

She shook her head. "Pancham and I were stuck with Team Rocket's Meowth, who tried to attack us. We were staying under a tree for a while, but made a run for a little crevice under a cliff. It was still a muddy and wet night, though. We didn't have any tents or much food..."

"At least we're all together now, right?" Ash asked, not lending the girl any sympathy. Fennekin gave her trainer an affectionate nuzzle, though, which helped her emotions calm down.

Sighing, she looked around. "Right. The Pokemon Showcase in Coumarine City is tomorrow, so we should probably hurry if Ash wants to face off against Ramos before then."

"That was my plan exactly!" Zenith exclaimed, releasing her Pokemon. "Coumarine City, here we come!"

~

"And we're here!" Zenith exclaimed as they arrived. The city was crescent-shaped, with a part of the ocean in the center, city curving around it. They first went to the Pokemon Center, where Zenith booked them a few rooms.

An elderly man in a green outfit was also there, who struck up a conversation with Ash. He invited our heroes for tea.

"But I need to face the gym leader, Ramos, today, or else I'll have to wait until after Serena and Zenith's Showcase tomorrow!" Ash protested, but Zenith and the man only laughed.