Squishy!

Another member of the party joins today! Everybody welcome the cute little Zygarde core to the team... except some of our heroes recognize it as exactly that! What history do the Sawyer sisters have with Zygardes and the evil team after them!?

~

Our heroes were on the way to Snowbelle City, traveling through a forest. Bonnie had jumped into a pile of leaves with Dedenne, Eevee, and Pikachu, giggling to themselves.

"Let's go, Bonnie," Clemont said.

"We're really close to the Pokemon Center!" Ash told them.

"'Kay," she said, racing her Pokemon to put back into her bag, but she suddenly stopped and stared into it.

Dedenne's head tilted to the side. "Denne?"

"What is it, Bons?" Zenith asked, noticing the young girl's surprised reaction. She walked over, the others following, just to see a small, shiny green creature with a red hexagon on its back. It snored lightly, but began to wake up as the group crowded around it. Its eye, surrounded by a white patch, opened, the place where the other would be instead replaced by a smaller white patch.

"There's something inside," Bonnie said, grinning when she noticed it wake up. "Wow, it moved!"

Zenith stared at the creature, taking a step back as memories flashed back. Fire; dozens of people in identical outfits running past her; blueprints and diagrams covering the walls; watching as they went up in flames before the winds ripping through the underground facility sent the ashes flying into the air.

The creature hopped out of the bag, probably spooked by all the large, unfamiliar creatures around it. Bonnie chased it as it hopped around, darting under Ash's leg and turning to leap behind Pine's, jump and bounce off Serena's face- causing the blonde to scream, wiping off her face and ranting about slime- before it began to fall. Bonnie held out her hands, trying to catch it. Of course, that resulted in both of them falling over, but neither was harmed.

"Denne?"

"Eevui?"

Bonnie smiled, looking down just to see the creature had vanished from her sight. "Wait, where did it go!? Huh?" It wiggled in her shirt, causing the girl to burst into hysterics. "That tickles!"

"Bonnie, what are you doing!?" Clemont asked, concerned, while Zenith waved her sisters away from the group with an apprehensive look in her eyes.

"Do you think that's really...?"

"One of them? From there?" Crystal finished for her, glancing back at the strange creature that had finally come out of Bonnie's shirt.

"If so, that means... they must be back, too," Shadow growled, her eyes narrowing. "I thought we had seen the last of them, what with the last stunt they pulled and where it got them."

"Apparently not," Zenith said, pinching her fingers on the bridge of her nose with a sigh. "I should've known Lysandre and his group of cronies wouldn't go down, even with one hell of a fight we put up."

"Still, that doesn't explain what he wants. The whole reason he had those things in the first place was because he was hunting the sorcerers for their magic to power his 'Ultimate Weapon', which he got when he arrested Mother," Pine pointed out, a dark expression crossing her face.

"You have to remember they're still Pokemon, even though they're being used as weapons by what we can only assume is Team Flare. It seems this one has escaped, so we just have to protect it and wait things out," Crystal said.