Miscellaneous Bonus Scenes 1

A collection of short stories/moments involving the Sawyer sisters. This chapter contains four of them. Hopefully this breaks up any weeks I don't have a chapter ready- It's that time a year where I'm busy again and can't write as often- and can lighten the mood during dark times. Love you all!

This first one came to me when getting through writer's block using a random noun generator. The word was "Ability".

Zenith: Girls, have you seen my coat anywhere?

Crystal: Not since you last wore it, Sky. You sure you didn't leave it at the Professor's place again?

Zenith: No, I had it with me on the way back.

Shadow: That reminds me, how do you get there and back so quick? Like when we were given the shiny Eevee eggs?

Zenith: Well, I was trying to keep on the down-low about it before, when we were traveling with everyone, but I flew.

Crystal, Pine, and Shadow: WHAT!?

Zenith: You guys know I'm careful. I wouldn't let myself get caught. I take the roof, ride a breeze to the closest cloud, and then speed above the world.

Pine: As long as you're sure you're not going to get us discovered... Still, it's risky.

Shadow: *groans* Ugh, this would be so much easier if we could stay at the Paradise, or weren't in the limelight constantly. Even our cousins get to use their powers all the time.

Zenith: They're also not constantly traveling with humans, dealing with other Professors and Champions, and attempting to gain a huge fanbase to eventually free the mages. They can afford to make a few slip-ups.

Shadow, wistfully: Still, wouldn't it be nice if we could use our abilities in our everyday life, instead of only in the middle of nowhere, when we're sure we're completely alone, or locked up in our own house?

Crystal: Yeah, but by not using them now, eventually, when we do bring our kind back, reunite with humankind... Then it'll all be worth it, and we can use our abilities, too.

Zenith, in mage form: *Lifts the furniture with a diverted air current* Mm, but I still can't find my coat.

Pine: *Pinches Zenith's cheek* Aw, is big sis Sky gonna cry?

Zenith: *Pushes her off* Shush. Obviously not. *Grumbling to herself* What's with all this cold weather, anyway...?

Shadow: I can help with that. *Holds out a palm and summons a bright flame*

Crystal: *Blasts a jet of water to put it out* Not in the house, Blaze! You'll burn the whole place down!

Shadow: Have some faith in me, Yuki. Given your nick-namesake, you would think you'd be a bit more chill.

Crystal: I don't even have any Ice-Types on my team! You guys were the ones adamant about my nickname being Japanese, despite us being from Kalos.

Pine: Need I remind you who caught Articuno, Regice, Kyurem, and Glastrier? Ice is just frozen water! And who's the Water-Type trainer around here?

Crystal, defeated: Okay I guess I see your point... Greninja! Get down from there!

Greninja: *Comes out of hiding* ...